ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 5 Discussion

• 207 Replies

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
Just so everyone knows GW is releasing a pretty big FAQ soon, there are leaks of it on BOLS.

Malachi

• View Profile
Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack in the Assault Phase or just one model in the unit?
Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault Phase.  As per the rules "Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase."

I gotta say, this one really caught me by surprise.  I never had that reading, nor met anyone that had that reading.  I guess I was thrown off (pun intended) by the use of the word "thrown" in the "one grenade per phase" rule.  I knew that only one grenade could be used as a Ranged weapon, but didn't read that as applying to Assault as well.  Wow.  This changes a lot for me. Walkers seem a whole lot better knowing that your not facing an entire unit full of Krak Grenades.  This also makes the value equation on Power Fists quite different.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
Psyker units can only cast one power per phase now which kinda nerfs Daemons and Grey Knights!

Also models have to be 25% in cover to benefit from it. This is one thing I've often had problems with during the league especially with the pieces of terrain that have open ground surrounded with ruins, I.e. Is it a 5++ or 4++? So now if the model is in terrain but not physically blocked by it for line of sight it doesn't get a save.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:00:39 PM by Prince of Arnheim »

Malachi

• View Profile
Psyker units can only cast one power per phase now which kinda nerfs Daemons and Grey Knights!

Also models have to be 25% in cover to benefit from it. This is one thing I've often had problems with during the league especially with the pieces of terrain that have open ground surrounded with ruins, I.e. Is it a 5++ or 4++? So now if the model is in terrain but not physically blocked by it for line of sight it doesn't get a save.

I thought the 25% rule was just for Vehicles, and Monstrous/Gargantuan Creatures?

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
oh yeah your right my bad

Malachi

• View Profile
oh yeah your right my bad

It does clear up the (overly generous IMO) interpretation that Flyers, Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures, and Gargantuan Monstrous Creatures got a Cover Save for having a "toe in" area terrain.

The clarifications on Psychic Powers is a big deal.  Can only cast a maximum number equal to Mastery Level (regardless of number of dice) and a Unit (no matter how man IC's) can only ever attempt to cast a power once (no "try again").  Also, effects from identical psychic powers do not stack (no double Cursed Earth).

Kyle

• View Profile
  • Name: Kyle
Also whereas before the elemental powers of an Ethereal worked while embarked on a transport due to nothing saying that they couldn't (as opposed to the clearly written rules for psychic powers) now they clearly due not work, nor does his leadership bubble.  Now no abilities of any kind work while embarked "unless the rule specifically states that it does so." 

Also agreed Mark; the grenade thing is weird.  Especially for the plethora of units that must pay for grenade upgrades for "every model in the unit" so that they can only use one.  Lol, now there should be an option to decline to carry krak grenades and only pay 13pts for a marine instead of 14.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
I am out for the tournament, I just sold my Necrons for a decent price.

Lareina

The draft FAQ will not be in effect for the tournament mostly because it is still a draft.

I will have missions up for the tournament by this Sunday.

RobertP

• View Profile
Hey guys, I am looking for a few models of Dark Eldar Warriors and Wyches as well as Fantasy's Witch aelves.  Models that I am looking for are the newest plastic type and I need a handful for conversions.  If anyone has these models, collects these armies, might have the bitz extra please PM me with their names.  THANKS a lot!  (I don't monitor this page so please PM me)