ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 5 Discussion

• 207 Replies

Lareina

Myself, Chris S, Chris G, James, Adam and Stephen will all be at the store Thursday after 5. If you want to try to get a pick up game by all means. 500 point games should be short, so we should be able to get a couple games.

ColinL.

• View Profile
  • Name: Colin
The 21st? To confirm? I could be there but a bit later

Kuderewko

• View Profile
I can be there as well.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
Does anyone want to book an afternoon game that Thursday? Pm me if so

Lareina

Yes the 21st Colin.

Kyle

• View Profile
  • Name: Kyle
I should be able to turn up by 1700 on Thurs too.  Yay!

Malachi

• View Profile
Anyone (except Prince of Arnheim who already said so) available for an afternoon game?

Lareina

Hey I just did a slight update to the FAQ

Q. Am I allowed to use a formation that is labelled as an Apocalypse Formation?
A. Yes, but only after you fulfil compulsory requirement of your primary detachment and as long as your points allow it. Any rules that are strictly Apocalypse related, eg. Strategic Assets, do not apply, and cannot be gained in order to do obtain special items like more vortex grenades. Please have the dataslate on hand with the rules on it for your opponent to see.

This is to coincide with the fact that I'm allowing Forge World, and Super Heavies etc, remember while you can be competitive for the escalation months I do advise against having a hyper competitive list, because while a soul crushing list might be fun for you, your opponent might not have the same amount of enjoyment, and that may hurt your chances of getting future games. Save the competitive list for the tournament, experiment with things that you'd normally not take, it keeps things fresh.

Lareina

Wow, thanks to everyone that came out tonight! We had like 5 games on the go at once. About 15 games that I could recall that took place, I don't remember a lot of the results, so please message me the results. I also might have missed a game or two, or might have screwed up on remembering matches.

I'll try to organize another big throwdown again either before the month ends (League month, not calendar). The store may only have a couple tables next Thursday because of the X-Wing league.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:42:47 PM by Lareina »

Kyle

• View Profile
  • Name: Kyle
Agreed, that was some enjoyable gaming.  The number of people I have ever played 40k with just doubled and it was a blast.  Will be hunting Pask next month though... for the greater good of course ;)