Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, December 3, 2016

Started by Allan Luesink, December 19, 2015, 02:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

This weekend is the last Strategy Saturday for 2016. It's been over a dozen years of Saturday games nights now. I can hardly believe it. A big thanks goes out to all the many attendees over the years.

The Feature Game will be Fire and Axe: A Viking Saga. This is one of the best games (maybe the best) to capture the theme of the Vikings and their history in Europe. In it players seek to gather points through raiding, trading, and settling (sounds very Viking-like, eh) all the while having the skalds (bards) proclaim their great accomplishments.

• Recently the game has been reprinted:

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan