Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - March 8, 2016 (18:30)

Started by R Newell, December 09, 2015, 08:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reynard

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

SMORLEY

trimmer

GAME: Stockpile
TEACHER: Darrin Bailey
START TIME: 7:00 PM
DURATION: 60 min.
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: Stockpile

1. trimmer

joshappell

I'll sign up for Stockpile and Eminent Domain.

It's a game that I have been looking at for a while and been super interested in it.

Lori

Cordawg

silent_rob

I'm going to bring out the new tile-laying/jungle-exploring game Karuba to play on Tuesday. This is the latest in Haba's medium-weight games (they've previously been known for more kids games like Animals Upon Animals or Rhino Hero). Each player gets a player board of an island and puts their explorers and temples at the same start and end points as everyone else. Every player gets the same, numbered trail tiles face-up except for one player who shuffles their tiles and keeps them face-down. That player draws them one at a time, reads them aloud and then all players either a) place the tile anywhere on their board or b) discard the tile and move an explorer the indicated number of spaces (as per the tile). That's actually the only way to move your explorers so each turn is a decision between continuing a path of moving your people. Explorers receive points for getting to the temples the fastest and can also get bonus points for picking up diamonds and gold along the way (though only if they stop on those spaces).

It's a really fun game and seems to play well with everybody (gamers or otherwise). Play time is around 40-45min but might take slightly longer with teaching (though not much longer because it's pretty straight-forward).

GAME: Karuba
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION: 45min+
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: Karuba

Lori

I'm going to bring out one of the new maps for Ticket to Ride:The United Kingdom. The United Kingdom half of this map collection introduces the concept of technology to TtR. At the start of the game, players can only build one and two-train routes and only in England. By spending wild cards, players buy technology which gives different abilities including the ability to build longer routes, ferry routes and connections into other countries (Scotland, Wales and Ireland). Players can also buy bonus/technology cards that allow them to score extra points for taking certain actions during play. Despite the name, the map covers both the UK and the Republic of Ireland, that is, the islands of Great Britain and Ireland.

GAME: Ticket to Ride: UK
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60-90 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-4

Please add CdnPhoenix.

Dana_Tillusz

GAME: Lanterns: The Harvest Festival
TEACHER: dana
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 45 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160851/lanterns-harvest-festival

Please add Matt Robertson (please confirm)

Thanks!
Snikt!

bboileau

Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!