Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 26, 2016 (18:30)

Started by R Newell, December 09, 2015, 08:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trimmer

Quote from: R Newell on December 09, 2015, 09:25:48 AM
To post a game for Chewsday Challenge please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME: Stockpile
TEACHER: trimmer (Darrin Bailey)
START TIME: 6:30 PM
DURATION: With 5 players and teaching rules about 90 min.
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL:  Stockpile

1. trimmer
2. Joshappell (Please confirm)

Bellis

R Newell

Lori

I was going to ask if it was the 2nd edition of A Study in Emerald but I see by the link that it is.  I'd like to try it.

Tempest

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on January 21, 2016, 09:31:20 PM
Quote from: Tempest on January 21, 2016, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on January 21, 2016, 05:33:10 PM
Can someone bring out Macao?

If  you're looking for 7:30 or later I can bring it.

Would 8:30 be ok?

8:30 is fine. Here ya go:

GAME: Macao
TEACHER: Tyler "Tempest"
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 60-90 minutes with teaching
# OF PLAYERS: 2-4
URL: Macao

For interested players, Macao is a game about delivering goods and gaining influence as a merchant. Mechanically, it's a strategic dice management game all about pre-planning. Someone rolls a set of dice which represent various actions/resources you can use on later turns. The trick is managing them so you have actions to do every turn (you lose points if you can't) and also making sure you can play cards that you acquire every turn. Once you get the hang of things, the 12 rounds of play go by pretty quick. I've found that the strategy is a bit tricky, but mechanically it's a very simple and fun game. It takes only a turn or two to really get a hang of the flow of the game. I recommend this game to players of any skill level.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bryce Robinson

GAME: They're at the post!
TEACHER: Bryce
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90mins
# OF PLAYERS: 6
URL: Copy and paste the URL from They're at the post!

This game uses some technology to make it work, it requires a state of the art record player. So this game isn't totally analog.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Lori

Derek (lifeofturner) was looking for Cacao, not Macao so I'm not sure if he wanted to be on the list for Macao. 

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

R Newell

Quote from: Lori on January 22, 2016, 10:39:59 AM
Derek (lifeofturner) was looking for Cacao, not Macao so I'm not sure if he wanted to be on the list for Macao.

Thanks for the keen eye!

Tempest

Quote from: R Newell on January 22, 2016, 10:42:13 AM
Quote from: Lori on January 22, 2016, 10:39:59 AM

Thanks for the keen eye!

I was wondering about that, but didn't say anything because I really like Macao.  :neener
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.