Math Trade or Ultimate Trade?

• 7 Replies

swoop_ds

• View Profile
  • Name: Dave Schmidt
Math Trade or Ultimate Trade?
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »
Has there ever been a Saskatchewan math trade or ultimate trade?

Is there any interest in it?

R Newell

Re: Math Trade or Ultimate Trade?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:45:22 AM »
I've been involved in conversations about me running a no-shipping math trade in Regina (with the game swap at a PGX) or a Saskatchewan-wide math trade for a while now.  I haven't gotten around to doing it yet for a couple of reasons:

- I've participated in several math trades but have never run one before, so there'd be a learning curve for me.
- I'm sure most people haven't participated in math trades before, so there would be an education piece to get people up to speed.
- There would be a lot of administration involved to encourage people to participate, ensure people are doing it correctly, etc.

I'm sure we'll have one eventually, but it comes down to needing the spare time to learn how to run it and then have the time to run it properly so that it's a success rather than a failure.  (It would suck to put a lot of hours into something and wind up with 0 or 1 or 2 trades; I've participated in math trades that ended up with 0 trades before and it feels like a waste of time.)  I haven't felt I've had that block of time yet to make it a success.

I have no idea what an ultimate trade is.  What is that?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:48:33 AM by R Newell »

swoop_ds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
Ultimate trades are a trading chain where someone posts a game they want to trade, then someone else posts a game that they would trade for it, then someone else posts a game they would trade for the second game, and so on until the first guy wants one of the posted games.

See this link:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/94566/guide-ultimate-trade-lists

Wright_off

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:01 PM »
I looked at your list to see if there was anything we could trade. Nothing interested me.
Bixby aka Matt Robertson has Lifeboats

swoop_ds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 09:37:42 AM »
Thanks for having a look!

I'm actually doing a math trade right now (the Canadian one that is going on BGG)

I think I'll update my want/want to trade list once I see what I get and don't get from it

R Newell

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
I'm in that trade, too.  That reminds me - I need to make my want list!

swoop_ds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 09:51:16 AM »
Did you get anything good?

I traded away Lords of Waterdeep and Mr. Jack in New York for Duel in the Dark and Through the Ages: A story of Civilization.

R Newell

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 09:53:36 AM »
Nice trades!

Nothing major for me this time.  Field Commander: Alexander for For Sale and Love Letter.  So a solo game that will rarely if ever get played for a couple of light games that will occasionally get played.   Works for me.