• 8 Replies

craftybernardo

• SHAZAM !
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: craftybernardo
  • Name: Brent Stephansson
Blood Bowl 2 on PS4
« on: October 04, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »
Wondering if anyone else picked up Blood Bowl 2 for PS4 and if anyone would be interested in starting up a league or playing some games.  My Playstation id is dr_thisblows , feel free to add me and send a pm or post in this thread if you are interested.  I am super new to the game myself and don't really care about winning or losing just having a good time, if this sounds like you lets get together and smash each others heads in !

celticgriffon

• View Profile
    • Whiskey Traders on boardgamegeek
Re: Blood Bowl 2 on PS4
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:14:15 PM »
Hey... was wondering your thoughts on BB2 so far?

I will likely pick it up on PC once they launch another edition with more teams.  I kind of dislike Cyanide's approach on releasing only 8 teams in its current itteration and then offering team packs at 8.00 CDN each.  Imagine if EA only launched 1/4 of the teams on NHL 2016?  There would be chaos.

I am not sure if you are aware but we will be launching our tabletop league first week of January.  If you like the computer game you might have fun face to face.  It is our fourth running season and we are at 18 teams so far.

Cheers,
Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

Bricktown

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 04:25:08 PM »
Hey... was wondering your thoughts on BB2 so far?

I will likely pick it up on PC once they launch another edition with more teams.  I kind of dislike Cyanide's approach on releasing only 8 teams in its current itteration and then offering team packs at 8.00 CDN each.  Imagine if EA only launched 1/4 of the teams on NHL 2016?  There would be chaos.

I am not sure if you are aware but we will be launching our tabletop league first week of January.  If you like the computer game you might have fun face to face.  It is our fourth running season and we are at 18 teams so far.

Cheers,
Michael

I picked this up for PC on the pre-order, the graphics are a nice upgrade from the first blood bowl but I would have to agree that with only 8 teams, this is a bit of a let down at this time.  Once they release the rest of the teams and flesh this game out like blood bowl chaos edition, it will be a lot better.

I have tried the online out, it works quite well but a couple times on ladder, the match ups were a bit uneven for my liking. (new tv1000 against a tv2400) If a league were set up locally on this, I would be in as well.  With 3 min turn limits, and the computer controlling all the in-betweens, I was finishing a game is 45 to 60 mins.  I will be waiting for more teams before I willing to devote more time to this game
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 04:31:27 PM by Bricktown »
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

Bricktown

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
Also, for those of you that use steam, xmas/boxing day sales should be coming up

bboileau

• Brad Boileau
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: bmboileau
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 05:12:27 PM »
I was thinking about picking it up on PS4! So I could be in.
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

celticgriffon

• View Profile
    • Whiskey Traders on boardgamegeek
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
I am not sure if Steam supports PS4 (I am not on the up and up on xbox or consoles these days), but Steam is again having a sale on BB2 and BB1 (various editions).

BB1 Chaos edition at $9.00 with all 24 teams seems like a screaming deal to me.

Cheers,
Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

Bricktown

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
Pc does not cross platform with ps4.

The chaos edition is pretty good, better with multiplayer and with steam sales on now, couldn't be a better time to purchase cheap games.

Bricktown

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »
My brother and I have recently picked this up on the playstation store.  Holiday sale is still on, you can pretty much get the whole game and 16 expansion teams, all for about 50 bucks.

craftybernardo

• SHAZAM !
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: craftybernardo
  • Name: Brent Stephansson
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:18:24 AM »
I have also traded in my ps4 copy awhile back and have switched to the steam version.  My steam username is bstephansson if anyone is interested in playing some games