Request for help!

• 5 Replies

Request for help!
« on: September 01, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
Hello,

My name is Mitchel and I am a teacher at St Mary who is looking to start a board game club.  I have a very meager budget to start as this is the first year we've tried anything like this.  So I am hoping that maybe some kind and generous souls would be able to donate some used games to a good cause.  I am looking for games for the 10-13 year olds.  I was thinking something like Ticket to Ride or Fluxx would be fantastic to start off, but as the year (or hopefully years) go by I would get more and more complex.

Even if you just have a suggestion for a good game that can be played in under an hour for middle years kids would be great.

Thanks

Mitchel

jobau2460

• View Profile
Re: Request for help!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:22 PM »
Would you prefer none violent games or co-op games? I have Risk: Godstorm I could donate. I would suggest Blokus, it's basically 2-4 player tetris.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:16:44 AM »
Unfortunately I only have a 45 minute window to work with so I don't think RISK would work. But I am not opposed to games like it.

Thanks for your consideration

Mitch

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:55:00 AM »
Would you like lost cities?

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:06:48 AM »
I'm unfamiliar with that game. But if you feel that it would be good for the 10-13 year old range, I'd be willing to try it.

swoop_ds

• View Profile
  • Name: Dave Schmidt
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »
Lost Cities would work for kids in that range.