Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept 19th, 2015 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, June 08, 2015, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

Alphadork

I'm interested in the Warmahordes event but have a couple of questions.

1) Is there a painting requirement? Asking because it limits my army choices

2) Do the other players mind putting up with the old guy who might need a few rules refreshers? Asking becuase I haven't played a game since moving to SK (~14 month hiatus) so I'll be a bit rusty in terms of game play and knowledge of newer models.

If the above questions pose no issues, I'd love to play.

I'm also willing to take requests on which army to bring (I don't collect Khador or Legion, and have a limited selection of Cryx models) but otherwise I can field any other faction.

So if people have wanted to get games in against a particular faction, let me know.

Best
The Alphadork (Kevin)

ChadBoudreau

Alphadork: There is not a painting requirement. You do not need to be fully painted to play.

Knowing what I know about the Warmachine players, I would say you'd be a welcome gamer even if you need some refreshers.

lifeofturner

"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

ChadBoudreau

Dice Masters Tournament

THE GAME
Dice Masters is a collectible dice-building tabletop game.

Swish Army Style (Best out of 3 games)

The format will be a constructed event. Players will assemble teams with 8 character/action cards, 20 dice (maximum), and starting 20 life points.  A player may not bring two characters with the same name, even if they have different subtitles  (i.e. Wolverine: Wanted, and Wolverine: Canucklehead).

SIDE LINE:
You may bring one sideline card of the same dice (ie. Switch Wolverine: Canucklehead out with Wolverine: Walking his Own Path)
You cannot switch out your dice. ONLY CARDS.

BONUS:
You will get a bonus for playing any Phoenix Force Related Character from any set when playing against your opponent!
Characters are as follows:
Cyclops
Colossus
Emma Frost
Namor
Magik
Phoenix

BIGGER BONUS:
If you play with all characters listed above, you will get even bigger bonus.

******************RESTRICTION********************
You can only play 3 cost characters and above

Event Prize: Cyclops, Phoenix Force Limited Edition Cards for 1st and 2nd

For Most Points Scored the entire event (hint: check Bonus)
Phoenix Force, Force of Nature Limited Edition Cards & Phoenix Force, Force of Nature Limited Edition Dice

3rd place will get to choose from previous op kit prizes

Participation Prize: Many to go around. Come to find out!

Each player will bring:
8 character cards with at least 1 dice each on it from ONLY the MARVEL Sets.
Basic Action Cards & Basic Action Dice and a means of tracking your life points (D20)

Exceptions:
If you are new to the game and wish to play the event organizer can supply dice and cards for you. You will sign out these items and you must return them at the end of the event.

THE TIME
6pm

PARTICIPANTS
Pre-registration is not required but it will help the organizer if you do so.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
This event will be run by Khoa Le.

ChadBoudreau

We're proud to announce that another local game designer is coming to Prairie Game Expo to demonstrate and talk about her game, Deck of Many Dungeons.

GAME: Deck of Many Dungeons
ORGANIZER: parmeisan
START TIME: 2:30pm
DURATION: 120 minutes
PLAYERS: up to 5 players
DETAILS: A fantasy RPG on cards.  This gaming session will be a quick demo of combat only.  http://agile-games.net/domd/

GAME: Deck of Many Dungeons
ORGANIZER: parmeisan
START TIME: 5:30pm
DURATION: 180 minutes
PLAYERS: up to 5 players
DETAILS: A fantasy RPG on cards.  This gaming session will include character generation (30-45 minutes) and role-playing.  http://agile-games.net/domd/

Deck of Many Dungeons is a Fantasy Dungeon RPG / Card game.

The Deck of Many Dungeons is a role-playing game designed to require little-to-no preparation in order to play. It's heavy on the combat elements and light on the math.

The card-based game-play allows for quick character creation and means rarely having to pause mid-game to look up rules or monster stats, while still allowing a great deal of customization and progression. If you play with the same group over multiple sessions, you can level up and pick out new abilities, or find cool gear. It's also easy to create random encounters or download adventures, so you can all take turns being the GM.

ChadBoudreau

One more announcement for Prairie Game Expo this evening is that Star Wars Armada will be there starting at 5pm. You can watch a demo of the game. There is also talk of a tournament taking place but we're just waiting for confirmation on the final details before we post that.

A.J

I'm hoping to have my small crews ready for Infinity and Malifaux.
See you there.
Malifaux: Neverborn + Outcasts
Infinity: Yu Jing + Combined Army

Tempest

I'm definitely interested in the dicemasters stuff, wouldn't mind going over a few things shortly before hand to make sure what I bring will be legit and stuff.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.