Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept 19th, 2015 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, June 08, 2015, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Dearborn

Looks like I will be running Core Worlds around 10am. So far it is me and lifeofturner. Game is best with 3-4, so a couple of spots open.

Adam

Can you sign me up for Flashpoint? I have been interested in trying this game for a while now.

ChadBoudreau

This is a quick update to let you know the 40K Tournament has been cancelled due to a low number of players.

We only had 2 players sign-up.

If you were itching to play miniatures at Prairie Game Expo you might consider taking part in the Malifaux and Infinity demonstrations occurring throughout the day. Warmachine / Hordes will also be in attendance if you want to check that out.

ComicReaders Downtown does have a League on the go for Warhammer 40K. If any members of that League wish to play a League game at Prairie Game Expo you are welcome to do so. Games played at Prairie Game Expo count as "in-store" games. Let us know in advance by responding to this post if you wish to play a League game (or casual game) at Prairie Game Expo and we will reserve you a table. If you casually drop-in, we cannot guarantee you gaming space, access to terrain, etc.

PhotoJim

GAME TITLE:  Yunnan
TEACHER:  PhotoJim
START TIME:  3:00
DURATION:  120 minutes including teaching
# OF PLAYERS:  5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/143401/yunnan

I'm an avid drinker of loose leaf tea.  I'm an avid player of board games.  These hobbies, of course, cannot meet.  Or can they?

It turns out they can.  Lori and I have already brought out Elevenses and Darjeeling.  This is my third tea-related game, and what a game.  Full of interesting strategy and mechanics, it's effectively an auction-based worker placement game with some really interesting uniquenesses.  Check out the BGG link for more.

Lori and I played the game last weekend and then took it to Chewsday Challenge last night and we had a blast.  There seem to be a lot of potential winning strategies in the game, and it's a true eurogame - no luck at all other than the opening turn order.  There is always a lot to think about, and even when other players are going, you'll be paying attention, trying to figure out what will be left for you to do when the turn comes around to you again.
Avidly gaming since 1972.

Cordawg

Jim any chance u can start yunnan earlier because I'm signed up for 1830  at 3 and I wanted to try yunnan but I wasn't able to play on tuesday

Lori

Quote from: Cordawg on September 16, 2015, 09:06:31 AM
Jim any chance u can start yunnan earlier because I'm signed up for 1830  at 3 and I wanted to try yunnan but I wasn't able to play on tuesday

Jim has to work 'til 2:00 on Saturday so earlier won't be an option.

Bix Conners

I will be bringing out my large scale Merchant of Venus game.

GAME Merchant of Venus including variants and add-ons.
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
START TIME: 11:00am
DURATION: 5 Hours
PLAYERS: 4
1. Matt Robertson
2. Jon Enns
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

R Newell

I will tentatively sign myself and my wife (Taisha Elliott) up for Merchant of Venus.  I will confirm later today.

UPDATE: Confirmed for MoV.

bboileau

Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!