Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept 19th, 2015 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, June 08, 2015, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

I rarely get the chance to play anymore, so I'd love to schedule a game of Agricola for about 9:30, room for up to five. If there are new players, I am okay with teaching. If veterans all sign up, I'd love to do the 'moors' expansion and/or one of the region-specific ones. (I have all that I'm aware of, I think) To be safe, I'd give it about two hours.

I'll be bringing other stuff, but I'll probably play the rest of the day by ear, I think.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Rosencrantz

I'm hoping to get out to a PGX finally and would like to jump into Agricola.  Haven't played Farmers of the Moor in a long time so would be cool if that came out as well.

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

ChadBoudreau

3 6 9 RPG

THE GAME
Local game designer Kelly Bjorndalen will be on-hand to talk about and demo his 3 6 9 Role-Playing Game.

3 6 9 is a fast-paced dungeon crawling adventure. It uses a challenging social role-playing system and a comprehensive item creation component to create a self-contained narrative.

The 3 6 9 RPG was born out of a desire to create a game completely void of a gamemaster role. The Narrator engages with the players through a more rigid rule set that relaxes the narrative responsibility while also making it easier for the Narrator to keep track of the pertinent mechanical information.

369 also integrates an effective social combat system that challenges players to create characters who may not rely on combat prowess to contribute to the group. The integrated social system requires characters to have a moderate level of social functionality and challenges players to view role-play as an essential part of the game.

The item creation mechanics allow players and gamemasters to create simple or complex items and institutions that have tangible in game mechanical effects. Players will rely on item crafting to repair and create goods for their use and can even set about creating powerful institutions with their craft skills. The creation of institutions is a powerful narrative device that can be used by both the players and Narrators to provide motivation for campaigns.

The world creation aspect of the game is a communal process. Creating the world map is mechanically assisted and is exclusive to no single player at the table. The Narrator role is mechanically integrated to reign in the unbridled power of traditional gamemaster roles and enforce a sense that the Narrator is one of the players. By adhering to a stricter rule set, the Narrator has the option of genuinely working with the players to create a mutually pleasing world or to unabashedly embrace competition without fretting over an imbalance in the power structure.

THE TIME
10am
Estimated duration of 120 minutes

2pm
Estimated duration of 120 minutes.

PARTICIPANTS
There is room 4 players per session.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Kelly Bjorndalen is a local game designer.

Prince of Arnheim

I'd like to alternatively sign up for the 40k tournament instead.

dark293

The Frozen Rose awakens to the call of its protector

Tempest

As per request, I'll also be bringing out X-Com, not sure what time yet, but I'll have it with me.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

wendyj