Looking for D&D Players to Start a new 5th Edition Group in Regina

• 21 Replies

Hello! I am looking for committed, experienced players eager to start a regular D&D 5th Edition game in Regina.

I am a veteran gamer in my mid-40's and I have played D&D in all its incarnations since 1979. I would like to start a new 5th Edition game or join an already established gaming group as a DM.

I am willing to play just about anywhere in the city, but would very much like to host games for mature and respectful players looking for a fun but serious game.

So if you are looking for a new D&D group to join or a new DM to dig into the new 5E ruleset, please get in touch either by private message, replying to this post, or emailing me at: terry.d@sasktel.net

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:48:11 PM by TerryD1970 »

Lance

• View Profile
Re: Looking for D&D Players to Start a new 5th Edition Group in Regina
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:15:25 AM »
How does 5.0 look Terry?
I saw 4.0 as a massive step back in Role Playing and decided to skip the $grab

Alphadork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:18:06 PM »
Terry - My wife and I are both long time RPers (I started playing D&D the same year as you) that have been looking for a regular group since we moved to Moose Jaw (from Winnipeg) last fall; leaving behind a 20+ year gaming group.

If you'd be willing to alternate between Regina and Moose Jaw as a venue this could work - I primarily GM, so we could even have the option of two campaigns . . .

Lance - IMHO; 5th is a love letter to 1st/2nd edition with a little garnish from 3rd and 4th added in. I'm curious, what about 4th did you find that hampered/setback role-playing?

Best
The Alphadork (Kevin)

Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:01:49 AM »

Lance - IMHO; 5th is a love letter to 1st/2nd edition with a little garnish from 3rd and 4th added in. I'm curious, what about 4th did you find that hampered/setback role-playing?

Best
The Alphadork (Kevin)
Hampered?
Set back?
 - to go from 3.5 where if you wanted to play ___ with levels of ____ that could do ____ = no problem
 - in 4.0 = no can do

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:12:23 AM »
Ok, back on topic:

I am looking for committed, experienced players eager to start a regular D&D 5th Edition game in Regina.

I am a veteran gamer in my mid-40's and I have played D&D in all its incarnations since 1979. I would like to start a new 5th Edition game or join an already established gaming group as a DM.

I am willing to play just about anywhere in the city, but would very much like to host games for mature and respectful players looking for a fun but serious game.

I've managed to find a couple players interested, so we just need a few more!

So if you are looking for a new D&D group to join or a new DM to dig into the new 5E ruleset, please get in touch either by private message, replying to this post, or emailing me at: terry.d@sasktel.net

PhotoJim

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: PhotoJim
  • Name: Jim MacKenzie
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:16:22 PM »
Please keep me posted - if the schedule fits mine (which is a bit difficult some weeks) I'd be interested.  I've been RPGing since '81.
Avidly gaming since 1972.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 06:47:09 AM »
I've sent you a PM Jim. :)

Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
Ok, back on topic:

I am looking for committed, experienced players eager to start a regular D&D 5th Edition game in Regina.
Okay - now that I see my question is ignored I will cease looking at this thread.

Lori

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: gaffercat
  • Name: Lori MacKenzie
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:47 AM »
Ok, back on topic:

Okay - now that I see my question is ignored I will cease looking at this thread.

I think that particular discussion has been opened in it's own topic.

Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
How does 5.0 look Terry?

Looking for this answer from your DM's perspective to gauge peerspective