Game: Shogun (3-5 Players)

• 2 Replies

Guy Ouellette

• View Profile
    • Flashcubes
Game: Shogun (3-5 Players)
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:45:22 AM »
Shogun
This is the thread to discuss the game of Shogun, any variants, likes, dislikes, etc.

Description
Shogun is based on the Wallenstein game system. The game is set in the Sengoku period (approx 1467-1573) which ends with the inception of the well-known Tokugawa Shogunate.

The game is an international edition with language-independent components and five language-dependent rule booklets.

Japan during the Sengoku or “Warring States” Period: each player assumes the role of a great Daimyo with all his troops. Each Daimyo has the same 10 possible actions to develop his kingdom and secure points. To do so he must deploy his armies with great skill. Each round, the players decide which of the actions are to be played out and in which of their provinces. If battle ensues between opposing armies, the unique Cubetower plays the leading role. The troops from both sides are thrown in together and the cubes that fall out at the bottom show who has won immediately. Owning provinces, temples, theaters, and castles means points when scores are tallied. Whichever Daimyo has the highest number of points after the second tally becomes – SHOGUN!

Board Game Geek Entry
Shogun

Expansions
Tenno's Court

Resources
N/A

Videos
Shogun Board GameTrailer

Member Ratings Based on rating system located Here
 :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :5: :0: Guy Ouellette Rating
 :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: Matt Robertson Rating
 :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: Dana Tillusz Rating
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:50:58 PM by Dana_Tillusz »

Matt Robertson

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
  • Name: Matt Robertson
Re: Game: Shogun
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
I will give this an 8
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Dana_Tillusz

• bloop
    • View Profile
    • comicreaders.com
  • BGG ID: HeavyD
Re: Game: Shogun (3-5 Players)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
I'm looking forward to playing Shogun again. Had the privilege of beating on Matt (or attempting too) during a game at his house. The combat mechanics are baffling and random, but I enjoyed the experience. At one time I put 12 armies into the game tower and only 4 game out to play, which ultimately lost me my round of combat.
Snikt!