Game: Tobago (2-4 Players)

• 5 Replies

Guy Ouellette

• View Profile
    • Flashcubes
Game: Tobago (2-4 Players)
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
Tobago
This is the thread to discuss the game of Tobago, any variants, likes, dislikes, etc.

Description
This is where the adventure begins!
Chests full of gold are buried in the jungle – rumors have it that one of them is hidden next to a hut near the island’s largest mountain. Another is hidden where the roar of an untamed river can be heard, it is said. Through the fronds of a palm tree, the proud gaze of a mysteriously scrunching statue casts its spell on the unwary treasure hunter …

Welcome to Tobago!
The attractive, top-quality game pieces on the lovingly illustrated game board give the impression of a true mysterious treasure island. Each player contributes valuable clues, which determine where the treasures are located. The excitement mounts as the adventurers strive to be the first to arrive at the treasure sites. The 3-piece game board with its innovative design can be set up with 32 different scenarios, each providing fun and a new challenge.

Board Game Geek Entry
Tobago

Expansions
N/A

Resources
N/A

Videos
Tobago
Member Ratings Based on rating system located Here
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :5: :0: Guy Ouellette Rating
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :5: :0: Kim Ouellette Rating
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: Jon Rating
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :5: :0: :0: Matt Robertson Rating
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: :0: doctorb23 Rating
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: :0: The Captain Rating
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:27:44 PM by Dana_Tillusz »

doctorb23

• View Profile
Re: Game: Tobago
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:23:21 AM »
the three triangular pieces of the modular board are ingenious and the pieces in this game are beautiful.  The theme and presentation go a long way, in addition to the game mechanic.  Simple enough that I plan to try it with my neice and nephew this Christmas.  They are hooked on ticket to ride but the nephew is in a phase where his only delight is blocking others and screwing them over which creates a bad game experience.  You can't really do much of that in this one.

I would never decline a game of Tobago, even if it is not in my top ten

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: :0:

Jon

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: 151423
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:02:30 PM »
I find this to be a game that most people like, gamers and non-gamers alike. I have logged 28 plays and still find myself coming back for more.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
Jon, post a rating and we'll add you to the list of ratings at the top of this topic. Sounds like you'd rank this one high.

Jon

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: 151423
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
I rate Tobago an  :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0:
after 30 plays.

The Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
 I received Tobago this Christmas as a gift and I though it was great. The components looked great, the little stone statues are some of the best pieces i've seen in any game. I found the rules jumped around a lot and i had to read them a couple of times to make sense of them. I feel if your going to play the game, play with the stronger curses it adds a little more push your luck feel to the game.

After 12 plays i give this game a solid 7 out 10

thanks