Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - June 23, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 05, 2015, 05:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Roxanne Stankievech

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME TITLE: Forbidden Stars
TEACHER: K.Stevens
START TIME: 5:30
DURATION: 180 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. K. Stevens
2. RockBane

GAME TITLE: Upon A Fable
TEACHER: Bryce
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 6
1. Bryce
2. Jhegel
3. Jhegel Guest
4. Jhegel Guest #2 - Tentative
5. CdnPhoenix

GAME TITLE: Quarriors
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 6:30
1. NeikeDjour
2. prairieguy

Game: [Redacted]
Teacher: Lori
Start Time: 6:30
Duration: 90 Minutes
Players: 4 (limited for table space)
1. Lori
2. PhotoJim
3. silent_rob

GAME: Stone and Relic
TEACHER: Mark M
START TIME: 7:00
DURATION: 60 Minutes
1. Mark M
2. anubis
3. Zane

GAME: XCOM
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
1. Tempest
2. Gloop

GAME: Shadow of the Sun
TEACHER: Mark M
START TIME: 8:00
1. Mark M
2. Bellis

GAME TITLE: Space Cadets
TEACHER: RTigger
START TIME: 8:30
# OF PLAYERS: 7
1. RTigger
2. Lareina
3. Chris
4. Reserved
5. Reserved
6. Reserved
7. RockBane (time permitting)

GAME: Spyfall
TEACHER: silent_rob
# OF PLAYERS: 8
1. silent_rob
2. Lori
3. PhotoJim
4. NeikeDjour
5. Murray
6. JemLee

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Due to the overwhelming success of ChewsDay Challenge we might need to limit table space in the early evening if attendance is high and the restaurant is busy. We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission.  Please be considerate when choosing your table area to maximize player density. Thank you for helping make ChewsDay Challenge a success!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

To post a game for Chewsday Challenge please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME TITLE:
TEACHER:
START TIME:
DURATION: your best estimate of how long it will take (if it takes longer with more people or if you are going to take extra time to teach it etc.)
# OF PLAYERS:
URL: Copy and past the URL from Board Game Geek here
Snikt!

silent_rob

I'm bringing out the popular, new bluffing/deduction/hidden role game Spyfall, this Tuesday. Each round a different pack of cards is picked at random from the box, each pack having a secret location on the majority of the cards. Each player receives a card with the matching location except for one who gets a card telling them they're a spy! All of the other players try to figure out who the spy is while the spy tries to figure out what location everyone else has. Players take turns asking another player a question about the location. They're trying to keep it vague enough so the spy won't figure it out but specific enough so you'll know whether or not the player you're questioning...is a spy! Similarly, players answering want to keep their answers vague enough so the spy won't figure it out but not so vague that they themselves get accused.

It's a lot of fun, pretty quick and easy to learn so everyone's welcome to play. Each round is around 10 minutes or less and we'll play 6 rounds. Even with teaching it'll only be an hour. The game plays 8 so I'll start it a little later at 8:30pm and see if we can get a full game going (though it also has almost no table footprint).

GAME TITLE: Spyfall
TEACHER: silent_rob
DURATION: 60min
# OF PLAYERS: 8
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/166384/spyfall

Lori

I've been waiting for someone to bring Spyfall to Chewsday Challenge!  Jim and I will play.

If one spy game is good, two must be better!  You've motivated me to bring out [Redacted] the spy themed "game of intrigue, betrayal, and bluffing set in the golden age of the cold war, when men knew how to drink a Martini, and women knew not to trust a man who claimed to know how to drink a Martini.

In the game, spies must infiltrate the embassy during the reception that the ambassador holds every year to show how important he is. Moving from room to room, they have to recover files and escape in the helicopter, or make sure that the other side's pilots have a really bad day.

While interacting with each other, the players seek to interrogate, steal or injure when they can. With a double-blind interaction mechanism that never really lets the tension ebb, a skilled agent will need to do a lot more than see through a bluff..."

Game: [Redacted]
Teacher: Lori
Start Time: 6:30
Duration: 90 minutes
Players:  4(for table space)

silent_rob

Tempest

I recently picked up X-Com: the Boardgame and it's quite a bit of fun. I'd like to host it at 7:30, room for 3 more. Approximately 1-2 hours.

X-Com is based off the computer game of the same name where you have to make many strategic decisions while facing increasingly difficult challenges in the form of Alien invaders. The game captures the tension and suspense of the computer game really well, and is aided by an actual mobile app that's used to help control the game. In the tutorial version my friends and I just barely won while being on the brink of losing. Each player takes on a specific role that has different actions and responsibilities. The game takes place in two phases, one of which happens in real time, the other follows a set order. Every decision counts, and there's never an obvious answer to every solution. I highly recommend joining if you're a fan of the computer games, and if you're not, give it a try too; it's still very fun if you're okay with a bit of stress and a ticking clock ;p
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

kendroxide

Hi everyone, Im still new here and have never been to a chewday challenge. I would be interested in joining the x-com game if you still have room.

R Newell

Welcome to the site and welcome to Chewsday Challenge.   :)

We try to keep the first post very up-to-date when people post games they want to run or when people sign up for posted games so, if you see open spaces, you should always be able to grab a spot.

Gloop