Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 11, 2015, 08:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alphadork

For D&D I can handle 6 or so players, last eXpo we ran the session for 4 hours and I think we had enough time (if any of the players have feedback on how long they'd like D&D to run let me know)

The only scheduling conflict would be that I'd like to play in either a Malifaux or Warmachine session (if either get scheduled)

Chad, will email you to see if you want this session to be a part of WotC's organized play program.

Best
Kevin

Dana_Tillusz

Warhammer 40K 1000 Point Tournament

RULES
- If any army is found to be in violation of any of the rules, the player will be disqualified.
- All models must be in compliance to WYSIWYG.
- All games are to be played on a 4'x6' table.

Army Composition
- Armies are to be constructed up to 1000 points
- Choose one of the following Detatchments:
            - Modified Arms Detachment
                     - Compulsory: 1 HQ / 2 Troops         
                      - Optional: 1 HQ   / 4 Troops / 3 Elites / 3 Fast / 3 Heavy
*All Units must have the same Faction
**Command Benefit: Ideal Mission Commander (Pg 122)

- Scouting Party Detachment
                     - Compulsory: 1 HQ / 3 Troops   
                    - Optional: 0 HQ   / 3 Troops / 1 Elites OR Fast OR Heavy
*All Units must have the same Faction
**Command Benefit: Objective Secured (Pg 122)

- No fortifications may be taken
- No allies may be taken
- No Lords of War may be taken
- Dataslates / Formations / Forgeworld etc. ARE allowed provided you bring their rules
- Army's Special Detachment charts (the ones in some of the newer codexes) ARE allowed

Battlefield Terrain
- Terrain will be fixed per table and not allowed to move.
- Mysterious objectives (Pg 135) will be in effect.

Battle Missions
- There will be 3 missions. They will be announced at the event.
- At least one mission will utilize Tactical Objectives.

Prizes
The winner of the tournament will receive a $25 gift certificate from ComicReaders Downtown.
The second place player will receive a $10 gift certificate from ComicReaders Downtown.

TIME
11:00AM

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS AND REQUIREMENTS
This event supports 12 players. Pre-register by posting on this forum on calling the store. 779-0900.
Players are required to submit their Army List BEFORE the event. Send lists to readers2@sasktel.net or drop it off at ComicReaders Downtown. Please include which army composition choice you've made (Modified Arms, Scouting Party, or one from your Codex).
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Survive: Escape from Atlantis Tournament

RULES
There will be three tables of Survive. Each table will support 4 players to a maximum of 12-players.

Each table feature a different version of the game.
Table 1: Basic Survive
Table 2: Dolphin Dice and Creatures Dice
Table 3: Giant Squid

Players are randomly assigned to a table.

Scores are recorded, but we will be playing a tournament variant: each game you total your score than subtract the points for the highest point piece that did not survive.

Once a game is complete, all players move to the next table to play another version of Survive.

The player with the highest total after 3 games is the winner.

Prizes
The winner of the tournament will receive a PGX mug!

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
This event supports 12 players. Pre-register by posting in this forum.

More information on game: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2653/survive-escape-atlantis
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Camel Up Tournament

RULES
There will be four tables of Camel Up. Each table will support 6 players to a maximum of 24-players.

Everyone plays 3 games in a randomized Round Robin. Each players scores are totaled up from all of their games. The top 6 scoring players will play a final game to determine the winner of the tournament.

Teaching note: We will teach new players during game one. This is a very fast and easy game to learn.

Prizes
The winner of the tournament will receive a PGX mug! AND the winner keeps a copy of Camel Up donated by Z-Man games!

DATE & TIME
Prairie Game eXpo: Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 at 2:00pm.

COST
Free

EVENT ORGANIZER
Rob Miller & Chad Boudreau

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS AND REQUIREMENTS
This event supports 24 players. Pre-register by posting in this forum.

More information on game: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/153938/camel
Snikt!

SteamPunch

Prince of Arnheim

Id like to sign up for the 40k tournament. I will spread the word to get more people signed up. I am also free to help with setup if needed. I can also bring terrain.

Devlin D

Marc Bendig

I would like to get in on the Survive tournament. I have never played before, so that should at least give the other players a sporting chance ;) I am sure I can find a copy of the rules to learn beforehand.

Tempest

I'll bring out Caverna for noon. Can play up to 7, but that might make it drag on a bit. I'd be okay with it if everyone knowing it has played before enough to help make slightly quicker decisions and stuff. Otherwise, if I'm teaching I'll cap it at 5 players.

...hope that's not too confusing.

In any case, Caverna's a really fun game based off of Agricola, but a little bit less restrictive. It's still challenging, but from the people I've taught it to so far, everyone's said they've enjoyed it much more than Agricola.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.