FRAG Games Day - North East Community Center - August 29, 2015 (12:00pm)

Started by FragAdmin, January 08, 2015, 10:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragAdmin

Join us for FRAG Games Day!

Have a game you would like to play?  Please let us know by commenting below and we can get a game organized!

Where: North East Community Center
When: August 29, 2015
Time: Begins at 12:00PM (noon) and runs till 12:00am (midnight)

Refreshments and snacks available for a minimal cost.  With Dinner ordered from Wok Box South Location (cash, debit or credit available to pay for your dinner if you choose to order)

New Members always welcome!  Membership is $1.00 which pays for your membership as well as a Beverage when you hand in your membership form!

- FRAG Advertising Administrator

omegadirective

We will be having our Ticket to Ride League make up night at FRAG on August 29th.

We will start at 700PM.

Please confirm on this thread that you will be attending.

See link below for info on the TTR League:

http://sask.games/index.php?topic=4582.30

Henning

Cecile Marie

Is anyone interested in playing Tichu?   If so, what time would you like to start?  My preference would be anytime after 6:30. but if that doesn't work for others, I could be there in the afternoon instead.  Thanks!!  Cecile

Henning

I am certainly up for a few games of tichu

I will encourage others to play and hopefully we can get at least three teams of two (ie 6) to play so we can have several games.

Is anyone interested in a tichu tournament? (Thinking longer term)

Henning - frag president (and whipping boy!)

As you suggested let's starT at 6:30.

Henning

FRAG is introducing a series of events to introduce gamers to Tichu.

This game which is loved by many for its deep strategy and light game play will be introduced through three events

Event 1 - Introduction to Tichu - Sessions to be held at Frag Games Days and at PGX to teach people the game in a supportive, non-judgmental way.
Event 2 - Open Tichu Play - Play with your friends, develop your tichu skills.  (we will schedule events for people to play tichu)
Event 3 - Tichu Tournament - A tournament to determine who is our tichu champion (details to be determined) (final game to have video following of players)

These events are independent of each other. You don't have to enter the tournament to enter the introduction to Tichu. and you don't have to do the introduction to enter the tournament.

Introduction to Tichu: Aug 29 FRAG, Sept 19 PGX
Henning Mortensen (teacher)

Open Tichu Play: Aug 29 to Dec 19
Henning Mortensen

Tichu Tournament: (Starting Jan 2016) Final during FRAGCON
Henning Mortensen

Henning

Cecile, thanks for the idea of doing tichu, look what you started. 

Cecile Marie

Henning, 
Thank you for organizing this, and the tournament and all. 
Yes I will be there at 6:30 August 29  for the Introduction to Tichu, and also to play for the evening.   
I will also be interested in playing some scheduled Tichu games after August 29th. 

Will the introduction be at 6:30 or a different time?

Cecile Marie

Quote from: Henning on August 04, 2015, 10:31:37 AM
FRAG is introducing a series of events to introduce gamers to Tichu.

This game which is loved by many for its deep strategy and light game play will be introduced through three events

Event 1 - Introduction to Tichu - Sessions to be held at Frag Games Days and at PGX to teach people the game in a supportive, non-judgmental way.
Event 2 - Open Tichu Play - Play with your friends, develop your tichu skills.  (we will schedule events for people to play tichu)
Event 3 - Tichu Tournament - A tournament to determine who is our tichu champion (details to be determined) (final game to have video following of players)

These events are independent of each other. You don't have to enter the tournament to enter the introduction to Tichu. and you don't have to do the introduction to enter the tournament.

Introduction to Tichu: Aug 29 FRAG, Sept 19 PGX
Henning Mortensen (teacher)
Cecile Marie  Aug 29 (6:30 PM)  and September 19th (3PM - 6PM) for the intro if you need a player

Open Tichu Play: Aug 29 to Dec 19
Henning Mortensen
Cecile Marie  - September 19th  (3PM to 6 PM) - If I'm not in the intro game, I'll be available to play in the Open Tichu Play game

Tichu Tournament: (Starting Jan 2016) Final during FRAGCON
Henning Mortensen