Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - February 3, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2014, 07:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Quote from: prairieguy on January 28, 2015, 03:37:32 PM
I am excited to get my new Kickstarter to the table - I am going to play with Nicole first and then if anyone else would be interested I will post a second game @ 8:30
If I am wrong about the time it takes for me to lose Twilight struggle then I will move this to 8:00. Nicole - if you get there at 6:30 and my butt isn't kicked by then I will be surprised. If you would rather book something at 6:30 go ahead and we can move this until 8:00

I'm fine with seeing where you are at, at 6:30. I'll bring some smaller games in case you're still busy.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

omegadirective

omegadirective

omegadirective

Lori

DCStyles

Bricktown had a good Twilight Struggle mentor   ;)    An early war victory is possible, especially if he rolls USSR.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

silent_rob

I'm going to bring out the new, pepper-growing game Scoville to play. In this "hot" game (see what I did there) players are pepper farmers trying to grow and cross-breed the hottest peppers in the town of Scoville (named after the Scoville Scale for measuring the heat of a pepper). The peppers players grow are either replanted to grow different peppers, sold at the market to earn money, points & other peppers or used in recipes at the chili cook-off (the hotter the recipe the more points they're worth). The game features pepper meeples in the various colours that are actually "planted" in to holes in the board.

Everyone's welcome to play as I'll start by teaching the game. And while the game plays up to 6, we'll keep it to 5 players for length and so we don't spread out, too much. Speaking of length, the box says 60min but after playing it I'd say 90-120min is more accurate with new players.

GAME TITLE: Scoville
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 90-120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/145659/scoville

NeikeDjour

Quote from: silent_rob on January 29, 2015, 04:54:18 PM
I'm going to bring out the new, pepper-growing game Scoville to play. In this "hot" game (see what I did there) players are pepper farmers trying to grow and cross-breed the hottest peppers in the town of Scoville (named after the Scoville Scale for measuring the heat of a pepper). The peppers players grow are either replanted to grow different peppers, sold at the market to earn money, points & other peppers or used in recipes at the chili cook-off (the hotter the recipe the more points they're worth). The game features pepper meeples in the various colours that are actually "planted" in to holes in the board

Really want to try that one. It's been on my to-buy list for a while since I saw the Kickstarter for it. You'll have to bring it out again sometime, as I'd like to try it but I'm already scheduled.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

bboileau

Quote from: silent_rob on January 29, 2015, 04:54:18 PM
I'm going to bring out the new, pepper-growing game Scoville to play. In this "hot" game (see what I did there) players are pepper farmers trying to grow and cross-breed the hottest peppers in the town of Scoville (named after the Scoville Scale for measuring the heat of a pepper). The peppers players grow are either replanted to grow different peppers, sold at the market to earn money, points & other peppers or used in recipes at the chili cook-off (the hotter the recipe the more points they're worth). The game features pepper meeples in the various colours that are actually "planted" in to holes in the board.

Everyone's welcome to play as I'll start by teaching the game. And while the game plays up to 6, we'll keep it to 5 players for length and so we don't spread out, too much. Speaking of length, the box says 60min but after playing it I'd say 90-120min is more accurate with new players.

GAME TITLE: Scoville
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 90-120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/145659/scoville

I'll play scoville! I just picked up my copy today :)
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

omegadirective