Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - March 31, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2014, 07:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prairieguy

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: silent_rob on March 27, 2015, 03:58:20 PM
I recently found a copy of the Lamont Brothers' out-of-print, dogsled racing game Snow Tails and am bringing it out on Tuesday. The game's played on a modular track, players moving and controlling their sleds with cards played on their personal boards. If both of your dogs are pulling at the same speed you're balanced and get a speed bonus. But if one dog is pulling harder it'll cause your sled to drift on the ice - which is also how you turn. If you hit trees, obstacles or other sleds you get "Dent" cards which can then clog up your hand.

It plays up to 5 players and everyone's welcome to give it a try. It also takes up quite a bit of table space so I'm scheduling it to start at 8:30. And since each game only takes around 45 minutes I figured we could have two games on two different tracks for a total of 90-120 minutes of racing with teaching and set-up.

GAME TITLE: Snow Tails
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90-120min (2 games + teaching time)
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38054/snow-tails

Rob! Winter's over! Think spring games!!!   :)
Snikt!

RTigger

lifeofturner

"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Colin Dearborn

Lori

I'll bring out a couple this week:

GAME TITLE: Roll for the Galaxy
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2 - 5

GAME TITLE: Euphoria
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 2 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 2 - 5

silent_rob

Please sign me up for Roll for the Galaxy.

I'm already committed for 830 but let me know the next time you bring out Euphoria. I'd definitely like to give it a try.

silent_rob

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on March 27, 2015, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: silent_rob on March 27, 2015, 03:58:20 PM
I recently found a copy of the Lamont Brothers' out-of-print, dogsled racing game Snow Tails and am bringing it out on Tuesday. The game's played on a modular track, players moving and controlling their sleds with cards played on their personal boards. If both of your dogs are pulling at the same speed you're balanced and get a speed bonus. But if one dog is pulling harder it'll cause your sled to drift on the ice - which is also how you turn. If you hit trees, obstacles or other sleds you get "Dent" cards which can then clog up your hand.

It plays up to 5 players and everyone's welcome to give it a try. It also takes up quite a bit of table space so I'm scheduling it to start at 8:30. And since each game only takes around 45 minutes I figured we could have two games on two different tracks for a total of 90-120 minutes of racing with teaching and set-up.

GAME TITLE: Snow Tails
TEACHER: silent_rob
DURATION: 90-120min (2 games + teaching time)
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38054/snow-tails

Rob! Winter's over! Think spring games!!!   :)

The closest thing I have to a "spring" game is a slinky & there are no stairs at Boston Pizza. :D

NeikeDjour

Continuing our Arcadia Quest campaign...

GAME TITLE: Arcadia Quest Campaign
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 8:00pm
DURATION: 120-240min
# OF PLAYERS: 3
1. NeikeDjour
2. Tempest
3. Bricktown
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List