Star Wars X-Wing games in Regina

Started by JemLee, December 27, 2014, 05:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JemLee

Quote from: Lance on January 04, 2016, 07:59:50 AM
Well it has been over a year - how is X-Wing for you Jem?

Hey Lance. Good to hear from you. Well to answer your question in a word - DEAD. Lol. Mid May was the last time for me. As a community we kept getting pushed out at Tramps by other gamers despite having bookings and reservation time. There was a disconnection between Chris and the Saturday staff, so by the time it got sorted frustrations out weighed interest. Haven't played X-Wing in over 9 months. Recently, now it seems Armada has taken over the X-Wing circles - and I don't have the funds nor interest to remortgage the house to get into Armada. So my $1000 collection got use over the holidays as my Christmas diorama in lieu of a tree. lol. I still buy X-Wing but at this point it is just to collect and add to my diorama.

How is Flames of War doing? i see you guys are busy busy busy.
Cheers,
Jemmer

Lance

Sorry to hear/read that Jem
Yes, Flames of War marches on! Doing demos every month, tournaments every two months, & large events every quarter!
Let me know if you ever want to try FoW again - maybe another teacher might be better.

JemLee

I think I would like to try it again and there was nothing wrong with the instructions before. It was simply a format that was completely foreign to me. Being used to playing only rigid and very structured systems like battletech or X-wing for example. Now that I have been around more 'open movement' style gaming I think i would have a better grasp of it next time. Does that make sense? And thanks for the offer :)
Cheers,
Jemmer

Lance

Very welcome Jem
- every first Wednesday of the month
Next:
Demo -> WWII EW (Early War)
@ Tramp's Comics & Games
February 3rd- 1815-1915 (615pm to 715pm)
1,000 point armies provided by FoW Regina Rifles
or link:
http://sask.games/index.php?topic=5328.0

Lance

Guessing that you have been very busy - thought I would let you know the next demo is:
MWWII (Mid War)
@ Tramp's Comics & Games
September 7th
From 1815-2015 (615pm to 815pm)
1,000 point armies provided by FoW Regina Rifles

Rogue2

Hey Jemmer,

There is actually a solid group of us who play X-Wing here in Regina. We often meet on Saturday's at Tramps to have games, as well on Thursday nights at Comic Readers. We have occasional tournaments and events as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1723577761260649/

This is a link to the X-Wing Regina facebook page!