Star Wars X-Wing games in Regina

Started by JemLee, December 27, 2014, 05:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JemLee

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the community. I just discovered X-Wing miniatures as of Dec 21 and bought up all i could find since then. Are there any members who would be interested in meeting regularly, or semi regularly to play?

I have been putting feelers out there in person and on forums since i discovered the X-Wing Miniatures Game in December 2014.

Does anyone still play this game? Would you like to learn how to play this game? I'm looking for anyone interested in playing it with me: Tournament prepping. Epic battles. Recreational scenarios. Or just meet up, order pizza and lets have a grand melee.

I have a large collection already and it is growing fast. I have a 3' X 3' star field vinyl mat - extendable to 3' X 6' for small scale or epic battles. I have both Imperial and Rebel models to share if you haven't your own to bring.

If you're interested please comment below. Thank you.

If you know someone who has X-wing, and is also seeking a group please share this post. Thank you.

Regards,
Jemmer
Cheers,
Jemmer

dcole

I know there are guys around here that play.  I have a couple of co-workers that I have played with at Boston Pizza on Chewsday Night.  DCStyles (Derek Chow) is running a tournament at the Prairie Game Expo on January 17th.  Here is a link to the posting:  Link
Thanks,

David Cole

JemLee

Thanks David. Just starting to get into that big time. I'm hoping there is a community here for it so any direction is much appreciated :D

I have already found the Jan 17 tournament and registered to participate. Can't wait.
Cheers,
Jemmer

dcole

Sounds good.  Hopefully some of the people that actually play the game will post here and let you know about what else goes on in Regina with regards to this game.
Thanks,

David Cole

Lance

Quote from: JemLee on December 29, 2014, 07:23:10 AM
Thanks David. Just starting to get into that big time. I'm hoping there is a community here for it so any direction is much appreciated :D

I have already found the Jan 17 tournament and registered to participate. Can't wait.
Have a great time Jem!

ChadBoudreau

ComicReaders Downtown in Regina runs X-Wing tournaments in the store from time-to-time. 100pt tournaments. Keep an eye on the ComicReaders Downtown venue on saskgames.com for upcoming dates. We were doing them once a month but took a break for the Christmas holidays. Should be back in action come February 2015.

Lance

How is X-wing progressing Jem?
Have you looked at Armada?
-looks very impressive!

Dodge

I too just found the game, receiving the core set for Christmas and going a bit crazy on ships in anticipation!

Would welcome the chance to engage in a battle for real sometime.

Lance

Hey Mister Dodge!
There is quite the group in Regina - Curtis, Justin, & Kyle (who all play FoW) plus a bunch of other guys. They have already had a few tournaments as well:
http://sask.games/index.php?topic=5249.0
http://sask.games/index.php?topic=5235.0

Lance

Quote from: JemLee on December 29, 2014, 07:23:10 AM

Well it has been over a year - how is X-Wing for you Jem?