Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, January 10, 2015

Started by Allan Luesink, December 24, 2014, 05:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Welcome to 2015! And to start off the month of January, we've have an extra order of ... COLD!! Yeah, very exciting, right? Uhhh, not really. But there is a partial remedy for the cold this weekend. It's the first Strategy Saturday of the year. So make plans to enjoy the company of others while playing games in a warm, comfortable place.

To start the year, I thought I'd keep it simple and feature some card games. In particular Rook. Rook is a trick-taking game that has been around forever, but it seems that, at least here in Regina, it isn't as well known. This will be a good opportunity to learn a classic card game as well as some others.

Of course there will be other games as well.  Bring along a few of your favourites. And if anyone has a game they'd be willing to teach and feature for next month, please contact me about it.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

Kmur101

Is there magic or D and D played there usually or anything like that?

Allan Luesink

Kmur101

Okay thank you for your reply I read the rules and everything for the game rook and would like to save a seat for myself it seems like a very enjoyable game.

JemLee

Hello. is this at the corner of Sangster and argyle just north of the Ring Rd over-pass? Or is this the church right beside O'Neill High shcool?
Cheers,
Jemmer

Allan Luesink

Quote from: JemLee on January 08, 2015, 10:37:20 PM
Hello. is this at the corner of Sangster and argyle just north of the Ring Rd over-pass? Or is this the church right beside O'Neill High shcool?
Its at neither of these locations. Both those churches are on Argyle Street.  ARBC is on Argyle Road.  The road section where it is located is midway between 25th Ave and Hill Ave (in south Regina)