Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, February 14, 2015

Started by Allan Luesink, December 24, 2014, 05:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- See details below! --

Allan Luesink

Hi all,

February already?! Already we've finished a month of 2015?! Uggh, time just keeps moving faster and faster ...

But it's true another month has arrived and with it another Strategy Saturday. This month we have Family Day and so in keeping with theme implied by the holiday (building and strengthening our relationships) our Feature Game is going to be a classic - Settlers of Catan. This is a great game for breaking the ice with people. It's easy to learn, fun to play, and and has lots of interaction - excellent for a good time with family and friends.

Of course there will be other games as well.  Bring along a few of your favourites. And if anyone has a game they'd be willing to teach and feature for next month, please contact me about it.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

Allan Luesink

Update - just received word that the basement won't be available on the 14th.

Watch this space for our alternative plans - we'll likely go a day earlier on Friday ...

Or we may switch venues.

Watch here for confirmation.

Allan Luesink

Hey all,

After I posted my Strategy Saturday announcement, I was contacted by ARBC that they had a change of plans and the basement would not be available on the 14th.  So that meant making alternative plans.  After a couple of phone calls, we will be switching locations for February. So:

Strategy Saturday
FEB.14
@Southside Pentecostal Assembly
41 Birchwood Rd

Southside Pentecostal is located in a former elementary school (its a white building). When you arrive, park in the lot at the back of the building and come in doors located there. When you enter the building, turn to your left and then left again to get to the room we will be in.

Remember our Feature Game is Settlers of Catan.  Of course there will be other games as well.  Bring along your favourites.

Everything else is staying the same.  We still be going from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

nikkisportraits

Just checkin in to say I plan to be there and if any one is bringing CO2 I would gladly get in on that game but am happy to play any game too! I have Catan Knights and Cities and another game Alfresco that I can bring too.