Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, March 14, 2015

Started by Allan Luesink, December 24, 2014, 05:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

Allan Luesink

Hi all,

March is here and so is better weather. Thankfully! Last month proved to be a real challenge with first having to change locations and then having a nasty blizzard roll in. I want to express a special thanks to the few diehards who still managed to come out in spite of the of it all.  For March we going to be back at ARBC; it will be nice to be back its familiar atmosphere.

March is the month that each year I make sure to feature on a military game.  March has historically been the month that armies would set off on their campaigns and this year the campaign/battle that we'll be experiencing is WW2 in the form of "Axis & Allies".  There have been many editions of Axis & Allies over the years and we will be playing the 2004 Blue Box variant. The one change that I plan to make to those who are familiar with the game is that tanks will successfully defend on a roll of 2, not 3.

For those who are enthusiastic about military games, March is not the only time these games can be played (it's true - other months will also allow war games to be played!).  If you have a hankering to play a particular game, make a request and lets set something up.  And if you're not enthusiastic about fighting games ....

Of course there will be other games as well.  Bring along a few of your favourites. And if anyone has a game they'd be willing to teach and feature for next month, please contact me about it.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)