ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 4 Discussion

• 171 Replies

Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 4
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:09 PM »
If it's not too late for me to join I would like to. I'll be using orks. I can be messaged on this site.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 07:25:34 PM »
Nathan I wouldn't mind a couple practice games with my new Necrons @1000 points.

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »
Hello everyone,
I just picked up two of the shield of baal: deathstorm starter sets and I will not be using any of the tyranid models, which are:
x2 brood lord
x2 Carnifex
x6 Tyranid Warriors
x16 genestealers
there would also be the smaller version of the rules and the booklet that comes with the set

I wanted to ask if any of the leagues tyranid players were interested before I posted elsewhere.
I would like to sell it all as a bundle for 120.

Thanks,  looking forward to this league starting up

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 08:09:10 PM »
I might know someone that would like the Tyranids models, he has a rule book already so I could do a combined deal with him so I can have the book. I'll pm you when I know.

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
My name is Brennan and I'd like to play Tau in the upcoming league. If you need to reach me you can get me at my email - brennan.berube@gmail.com

Kingleir

• View Profile
  • Name: Matthew
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 12:13:16 PM »
Turns out I have a week off at the beginning of month 2 so I will sign up as Dark Angels, and just take points reset for month 1.  I do have a fellblade in the mail, so, unless Forgeworld screwed up my order, i will be using it as long as the league rules allow.  This tank with this army can be rediculously survivable, but, outside the tournament (if I make it) I will not be giving any legacies of glory, or be posting up in a corner with a powerfield generator behind it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:58:21 AM by Kingleir »

Lareina

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
I posted the rivals for month 1, it's on the first page under the roster.

Month 1 Rivals
Adam S vs Stephen T
Dustin S vs Mark D
Eddie F vs James M
Ashton B vs Maeson L
Mark K vs Kyle U
Kyle W vs Casey S
Justin S vs Mike N
Brennen vs Chris G
Xander K vs Ryan K
Nathan S vs Graem J
Chris S vs Brian S

Lareina

Note: The store will be unavailable for games due to Magic Prerelease on January 17th and 18th. HOWEVER there is a store alternative on the Saturday, if you play a game at Prairie Game Expo on the 17th, then you will receive points for playing at the store. Additionally, you will receive a draw entry for playing at a sanctioned event, and an entry for playing a game "at the store", you get 2 birds with one stone :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:17:57 PM by Lareina »

Lareina

A clarification since I was asked this. For anyone in the PGX tournament, those games will not count as official league games because it might not be the same list, the opponent may not be in the league, or you might not be using the same army. BUT, I will be counting all the games in the tournament as if you played in the store, so 2 points per game, but nothing else will be counted (painted, rival, etc). Since Chris sacrificed his time for running it, he'll also get the bonus, because I know he'd play in it if he wasn't running it.

If more of you want to be in the tournament let me know, I might be able to get you added.

Kuderewko

• View Profile
Ryan,

I see that we are rivals for this month and we are both in the Pgx tournament. If there is some time afterwards and the tables are still set up want to try and get a league game in?