Warhammer Fantasy Winter League 2014-15

• 137 Replies

RobertP

• View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fantasy Winter League 2014-15
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
Chad and I did the November draw today downtown at Readers.  Maeson was the winner.  Congratulations Maeson you won a $30 gift card for anything at ComicReaders Downtown. 

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »
Yaaay!!! :excited :o Thank you very much Robert and Chad, it is much needed at this time of the year! :)

Dustin

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Played a game vs Nathan. SV for me. I was painted, he was not. Played at Comic Readers.

MVP for me were the salamanders. Walked up and flamed a horde of goblins for 2/3's of their guys, then got charged by his arachnarok with priest. They killed his priest in 2 rounds of combat before dying on the third. This allowed a full 50 skinks to surround the giant spider whom they brought down the next turn.

A fiery convocation almost destroyed his second horde with his general, and on the next magic phase caused them to flee. My Old Bloods mopped up another horde, then proceeded to charge down his doom diva. His rock lobba falling to skinks the previous turn. Bolt throwers sat on a hill and stared.

Trolls sat in a forest arguing with themselves for most of the game. Second arachnarok was on the other side of the board and spent three turns running to get to combat. Spider riders squabbled 3 out of 4 turns.

DevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2014, 02:47:29 AM »
Played a game against Maeson at the store, Normal(Close) Victory for me. It was a great game.  :)

Maesons mistake was probably deploying a unit to close to where I could deploy, allowing me to successfully charge said unit with a unit of Warriors a Gorebeast Chariot and my Daemon Prince on my first turn.

It didn't help that I was getting pretty good rolls for most of my close combats, especially one combat between his dwarf general vs 2 Warriors of Chaos. What happened with that fight is that he charged his general into my 2 warriors, the general was the last survivor of a unit that had been killed and the 2 warriors were the last 2 of a unit of 18.
First combat between them the warriors did no wounds to the general(or he saved them with armor) the general did 3 wounds, I  armor saved one with a 6 and ward saved the others with two 6s. Round 2 of combat same result, I did no wounds to him he did 3 but I saved them with a 6 for armor and then 2 6s for ward. 3rd round of fighting, I finally charge my gorebeast into the fight his general takes a wound, he deals 3 wounds again but I save them all with three 5s for armor. Fourth close combat round of fighting his general dies. The general probably should of killed the warriors at least, thanks for the game Maeson.  :D

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »
Yes Devin did the impossible with those 2 Chaos Warriors holding up Bugman until he was counter charged by the Gorebeast chariot. The battle for my left flank cost me 3 units and him none. Should have deployed further back but the terrain was a little odd for my usual deployment strategy. Other notable events were my cannon blowing up turn 2, my gyro making those 2 CWs flee off the table, and I managed to pretty much eliminate Devins Magic phase but this didn't help with my blunder in the deployment phase. I was trying to get my Bugmans Rangers into a building but instead they got combo charged in the meeting engagement scenario(the diagonal deployment one).

Good game Devin! The dice were with you!

Now who can play Sunday??

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2014, 07:30:04 AM »
Sounds like the dice where with Devin!

Nathans

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2014, 01:19:37 AM »
Happy Holidays everyone!

I am hoping to get a handful of games in some time soon. If anyone is interested please PM me or send me a text! I'm available most times for the next couple of weeks. 501 8877
Nathan Sgrazzutti

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »
I'm selling a bunch of stuff! Here is the thread:

http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=4311.msg24181#msg24181

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
Dec is a typically a fairly dry gamign month and this one was no exception!  If you played a game and haven't posted please get those posted so I can tally up the states.  I am looking to make the Dec games played draw Jan 2 or 5.  If you want to be there hit me back with a PM and we can figure out a time/date.

If you want to get in a game hit me with an e-mail of your schedule and I will see what I can do.  My Jan schedule should be completely organized in a few days and ready to schedule Warhammer games.

PM sent to NathanS about mentioned Jan gaming.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »
Anyone free for games this Wednesday or Thursday at the store?