Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - November 11, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, October 20, 2014, 10:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Murray Bennett

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Redshirts
TEACHER: Bryce
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: ... 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-7
1. Bryce
2. roxy72
3. wendyj

GAME: Phantasy Star Online: Episode 3
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Railways of New England
TEACHER: Kristy
DURATION: ... Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Kristy
2. omegadirective
3. GreyLurker
4. Jason
5. nikkisportraits

GAME: Fire in the Lake
TEACHER: Mark M
DURATION: ... 240 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Marc M
2. cordawg

GAME: The Captain is Dead
TEACHER: prairieguy
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION:... 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-7
1. prairieguy
2. NeikeDjour
3. bellis
4. jason szarkowicz
5. dyobb

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Please note that Boston Pizza has asked us to notify all ChewsDay Challenge attendees that the restaurant will be extremely busy on this holiday. We will still be running the event but we will not be able to game outside the party room until the dining area quiets down. Tables will be first come first serve. We will not have the outside booths so please come early if you want to eat.
Snikt!

Bryce Robinson

Well its about time I brought out Redshirts to play. 2-7 Daring Captains 60min mission duration.

BGG Descripction:

In Redshirts – which is based on a television franchise never to be named for legal reasons – players take on the role of Starship Captains, with a random assortment of Redshirts, which are junior level crewmen. The goal of the game is to be the first player to eliminate all of his own Redshirts.
Each player has a hand of cards that allows him to assign missions, issue equipment, travel to exotic locations, or use temporary abilities. Players frequently wind up with more cards than they can hold, which forces them to make strategic decisions about how to proceed.
Each Redshirt has its own combination of abilities and powers, and the players must find a way to match their crew up against missions where they cannot succeed. Other players "help" by offering the doomed Redshirt additional aid in an attempt to keep it alive.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Bryce Robinson

Sorry guys I tried to do a simple edit to the 1st post to add in my game and it screwed up the layout pretty bad for some reason, I tried to fix it up but cant quiet get it right without messing it up further, not sure what I did wrong. :confused
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

prairieguy

I will follow up Redshirts with The Captain is Dead at 8:30!

Imagine that you are one of the crew in your favorite science fiction TV show. Now imagine that in the last 10 minutes of the show things have gone so badly that the captain is dead, and you and a member of your crew have to pull together and save the day yourselves!
The Captain is Dead is a co-op game for 2 to 7 players. All you have to do is get the ship's engines (aka "Jump Core") back online and you win; but because there is a hostile alien ship trying to destroy you, that is easier said than done.
You have an impressive star ship full of useful systems that will help you fend off the aliens, and get the Jump Core back online. Each system gives you an advantage while it remains online. The assault from the hostile alien ship tends to keep knocking those systems offline however. So you need to balance your time between keeping the ships system's online, fending off the alien threat, and completing your objective.
Each member of your crew has special abilities and skills. You need to work as a group to maximize the potential of each role. If someone tries to be a hero, you'll all die.

NeikeDjour

I'd love to jump into The Captain is Dead.

This week I'd like to bring something special out. I've been working hard for the last few years remaking my favorite board game video games into physical versions. I started with Triple Triad, a very simple 2 player small strategy game that was in Final Fantasy 8. After I finished that, I decided to go head first into my biggest project so far and my favorite game: Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: CARD Revolution. It's taken me 2 years to complete it, but as of this afternoon, I have everything together. It is a 2 or 4 player game, but for my first go round, I would like to just play it as a 2 player game. I would love it if I could find one other person to play it with me.

Commonly referred to as PSO3, the game is the third installment of Sega's Phantasy Star Online saga. Released in 2003 for the Nintendo Gamecube, PSO3 was a diversion of the usual Phantasy Star format; taking on the play style of a turn based board/card game. Whilst the game was vastly different it still developed a good following and the game servers were active up until 2007 when the servers were shut down.

In episode 3 you could choose to play as one of two sides; the Hunters and the Arkz. The two sides have their own different play styles in the game and provide players with multiple ways of playing the game allowing players to tailor their experience. Hunters fight by using weapons that they equip and then use to attack. These weapons provide a safety net as they need to be destroyed before an attack can be
made against them directly. Arkz fight in a very different way. Unlike Hunters, Arkz use monsters; summoning them onto the battlefield in order to attack their opponents. This leaves them a little exposed as they have no protection should they be caught alone.

Gameplay is a strategic back and forth, using Attack/Defense Action and Assist cards to power up your Items or Monster cards to defeat your opponents main Character.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Cordawg

Bellis

I would like to help get our star ship systems back on line and help repel the alien invasion, so put me down for The Captain is Dead. Thank you!

Mark M

I will be bringing Fire in the Lake. It's for 4 players and will start at 6:30. The short game will likely take 4 hrs and will involve a pretty lengthy rules explanation. (but don't let that stop you!) We played it's little brother, Cuba Libre a few weeks back and that wasn't so difficult and this one is much the same but with a larger board, more spaces, more pieces, more decisions, and much more fun.

scuudz