Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - December 2, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, October 20, 2014, 10:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Dana Tillusz

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Lords of Xidit
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... Needs 4, up to 5
1. NeikeDjour
2. qwijybo
3. Grey Lurker
4. Jason

GAME: Splendor
TEACHER: Miles
DURATION: 30 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Miles
2. Cordawg

GAME: Suburbia
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. DCStyles
2. dcole

GAME: Imperial Settlers
TEACHER: Lori
PLAYERS...4
1. Lori
2. Photojim
3. Silent_Rob
4. Scuudz

GAME: CO2
TEACHER: omegadirective
PLAYERS... 5
1. omegadirective
2. prairieguy
3. BrittaniBruder
4. R Newell
5. brittanineufeld

GAME: Colt Express
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. Matt Robertson
2. Colin Dearborn
3. Amanda Dearborn
4. Robert Kuster
5. bboileau

GAME: Cadwallon: City of Thieves
TEACHER: Mac
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 90-120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Mac
2. bellis
3. Mark M

GAME: Imperial Settlers
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: 8:30
PLAYERS...4
1. Lori
2. Omegadirective
3. Scuudz
4. R Newell

GAME: Battlestar Galactica
TEACHER: BrittaniBruder
DURATION: 180 Minutes
PLAYERS...6
1. BrittaniBruder
2. prairieguy
3. silent_rob
4. Dana Tillusz
5. Nate Burke
6. NeikeDjour

GAME: Kremlin
TEACHER: PhotoJim
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS...6
1. PhotoJim
2. miles
3. Jhegel
4. Cordawg *maybe*
5. brittanineufeld
6. Nicole Dimen

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Due to the overwhelming success of ChewsDay Challenge we might need to limit table space in the early evening if attendance is high and the restaurant is busy. We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission.  Please be considerate when choosing your table area to maximize player density. Thank you for helping make ChewsDay Challenge a success!
Snikt!

Lori

I've just gotten Imperial Settlers and would like to bring it out to teach at 6:30.
This will be 4 players approx 120 minutes.  If there's enough interest I could run it again at 8:30/9:00

"Settlers from four major powers of the world have discovered new lands, with new resources and opportunities.  The Romans, Barbarians, Egyptians and Japanese all move there to expand the boundaries of their empires. They build new buildings to strengthen their economy, they found mines and fields to gather resources, and they build barracks and training grounds to train soldiers. Soon after they discover that this land is far too small for everybody, then the war begins...

Imperial Settlers is a card game that lets players lead one of the four factions and build empires by placing buildings, then sending workers to those buildings to acquire new resources and abilities. The game is played over five rounds during which players take various actions in order to explore new lands, build buildings, trade resources, conquer enemies, and thus score victory points.

The goal of the game is to have the most Victory Points, earned by expanding your empire and hindering your opponents. During the game, players can gain Victory Points (VP) in various ways: from deals they  make, from actions they take, and from Location features. The Locations that become part of a player's Empire are also worth Victory Points. At the end of the game, players add the VP value of their Locations to their current VP score to reach their total score. The player with the most VP has built the greatest empire and wins the game."

Silent_Rob and PhotoJim should be listed for 6:30 (both to confirm in this thread)

craftybernardo

scuudz

I'm in for Imperial Settlers at 6:30.  If you are open to the same people playing twice, then I'd like to play it at 8:30 as well.

Rosencrantz

I would love to play Imperial Settlers as well.  Sign me up for 6:30!
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

omegadirective

omegadirective

I would like to teach a new game I bought.

CO2 at 830
2-5 Players
120 minutes

It will be a first run for me.

In the 1970s, the governments of the world faced unprecedented demand for energy, and polluting power plants were built everywhere in order to meet that demand. Year after year, the pollution they generate increases, and nobody has done anything to reduce it. Now, the impact of this pollution has become too great, and humanity is starting to realize that we must meet our energy demands through clean sources of energy. Companies with expertise in clean, sustainable energy are called in to propose projects that will provide the required energy without polluting the environment. Regional governments are eager to fund these projects, and to invest in their implementation.

If the pollution isn't stopped, it's game over for all of us.

In the game CO₂, each player is the CEO of an energy company responding to government requests for new, green power plants. The goal is to stop the increase of pollution, while meeting the rising demand for sustainable energy — and of course profiting from doing so. You will need enough expertise, money, and resources to build these clean power plants. Energy summits will promote global awareness, and allow companies to share a little of their expertise, while learning still more from others.

In CO₂, each region starts with a certain number of Carbon Emissions Permits (CEPs) at its disposal. These CEPs are granted by the United Nations, and they must be spent whenever the region needs to install the energy infrastructure for a project, or to construct a fossil fuel power plant. CEPs can be bought and sold on a market, and their price fluctuates throughout the game. You will want to try to maintain control over the CEPs.

Money, CEPs, Green Power Plants that you've built, UN Goals you've completed, Company Goals you've met, and Expertise you've gained all give you Victory Points (VPs), which represent your Company's reputation – and having the best reputation is the goal of the game ... in addition to saving the planet, of course.

Rosencrantz

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Lori

Can you two (Brandon and Ryan) flip to 8:30 and do Brandon's game at  6:30?

I had set 6:30 (with Jim and tentatively Rob from the bottom of my original post)
Lori
PhotoJim
Silent_Rob
Scuudz

So 8:30 could be
Lori
Omegadirective
Rosencrantz
Scuudz

silent_rob