Booze and Board Games

• 13 Replies

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Booze and Board Games
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
Alright everyone, I'd like to officially announce the Returners next '24 Hours to Play With Your Food' event: Booze and Boardgames! Borrowing on the typical steak night idea, we decided to turn things on their head a little and offer a night of good drinks, good food, and good times. In conjunction with my workplace, Slow Pub, I am offering tickets for $25 which will get you your choice of either the cocktail sampler, which is six, count 'em, SIX cocktails made from our own house spirits OR an appetizer sampler for anyone who doesn't like to drink, but would still like to support our team and this awesome cause. That's the first part. The fun part is that there will also be some light gaming action to be had! For those partaking in the alcohol, I'll be bringing a few light "pub friendly" games including, but not limited to: Snake Oil, Hanabi and Cockroach Poker. I may bring a few more typical games as well, and of course if people feel like it, they can bring their own games as well; I always take requests from my list, which can be found in my signature.

If there are any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

List of games available:
Snake oil
Cards against humanity
Hanabi
Cribbage
wizard
Las Vegas
Munchkin (various expansions via Slow)
standard decks of cards
Dutch Blitz
Farkle
Carcasonne
Phase 10

That isn't the list of games I am bringing for sure. I'll also take requests. If you would like to bring/schedule a game, feel free to do so, and I will add it here.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:07:03 PM by Tempest »
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Booze and Board Games
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »
Tickets are on sale until September 21st!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: prairieguy1958
  • Name: Murray Bennett
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
When is this being held?

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: prairieguy1958
  • Name: Murray Bennett
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 03:56:01 PM »
D'oh - Sept 28

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:37:02 AM »
We still have lots of tickets and just over two weeks to sell them! If anyone would like to purhcase any just reach out to me on the forum or stop in at Slow Pub Offsale and ask for Tyler; I'm usually in there during the day between Tuesday and Saturday.

Matt Robertson

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
  • Name: Matt Robertson
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:37 AM »
Quick question...
Is it possible to substitute beer for the cocktails? I am not much of a hard liquor guy, but barley beverages, look out...  :guinness
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »
Probably not; the cocktails were part of the detail I struck up with my boss. However, if I had enough requests, I could probably negotiate something. That being said, you could always get the appetizer platter instead and order some beers... there's lots of different kinds there!

Matt Robertson

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
  • Name: Matt Robertson
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
Sounds good, I am in.
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
Awesome!

Cordawg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 02:59:17 AM »
Hi Tyler, this is kim. I tried to message you on facebook, but havet got a response yet. I was wondering if I could purchase one ticket for the event? I will pay you on tuesday. Let me know, thanks :)