Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - August 26, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Logan Drydale

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Compounded
TEACHER: Thomsoda
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Thomsoda
2. Matt
3. prairieguy
4. NeikeDjour
5. qwijybo

GAME: Alien Frontiers w/ Factions expansion
TEACHER: Rob Miller
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90-120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. silent_rob
2. omegadirective
3. CappyZed
4. roxy72

GAME: Nautilus
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. Qwijybo (Bryce)
2. omegadirective
3. NeikeDjour
4. Shrimpy228
5. Chochi23
6. Patar21

GAME: Mice & Mystics
TEACHER: prairieguy
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. prairieguy
2. Barry
3. silent_rob
4. Dana Tillusz

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

NeikeDjour

I'm going to be bringing out the prototype for Nautilus Industries again while the Kickstarter is active. (6 players, 120 minutes @ 8:30pm)

Nemo is gone, but his machines have opened a whole new world to us! The floors of Neptune's seas lay open to us, ready to surrender their bounties. Equip and upgrade your mining machines, then guide them to the rich mineral seams beneath the ocean. Control the supply of resources to bend the market to your will. Become the master of Nautilus Industries!

In the game, players take on the role of an enterprising business owner, with each trying to exploit the riches of the sea as well as the marketplace to earn the most money by the end of the game. Players take a series of simple actions, such as programming a mining robot, increasing warehouse capacity, swapping mining zone order, or purchasing stocks.

Each round, players have four actions they must take before the gathering/market phase. During this phase, players collect and sell resources, in turn order. Each sea zone is mined in a specific order, and players have the option each round to sell or hold their resources for a later round. When resources are sold, the market price of that resource decreases to reflect the supply/demand of that resource; stocks of the company using that resource also increase in value. Accordingly, if a resource is not sold, the market price for that resource increases. Players must decide when to sell and when to hold. Should you flood the market to bring down the price so your neighbor makes less money? Do you think the player beside you will hold out for a higher price, or will they sell just to spite you?
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Ah, too bad I'm on holidays next week and will end up missing Nautilus.

NeikeDjour

I can bring it out on the 2nd as well, which will be cutting it close, only giving you the night to determine if you want to go into it/stay in it. But it's better than nothing.

Lori

thomsoda

Well, It's been almost a month and a half, but I can finally host that promised game of Compounded! I would like to reserve the spots for those who were signed up before, namely:

1. Thomsoda
2. Matt Robertson
3. NeikeDjour
4. Prairieguy
5. Kimberlycupcake

This will be starting at 6:30, and takes about an hour and a half. If all of those mentioned here could please confirm that they would like to play or not, that would be great!

NeikeDjour

Lori

Quote from: thomsoda on August 20, 2014, 08:17:49 PM
Well, It's been almost a month and a half, but I can finally host that promised game of Compounded!

As a side note - the Geiger Expansion is on Kickstarter right now and you can get a copy of the 2nd printing of Compounded with it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/compounded-geiger-expansion?ref=nav_search

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

prairieguy