Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - August 26, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prairieguy

Barry asked me if I could bring out Mice & Mystics so I shall! (4 players, 120 minutes @ 8:30pm)

In Mice and Mystics players take on the roles of those still loyal to the king – but to escape the clutches of Vanestra, they have been turned into mice! Play as cunning field mice who must race through a castle now twenty times larger than before. The castle would be a dangerous place with Vanestra's minions in control, but now countless other terrors also await heroes who are but the size of figs. Play as nimble Prince Collin and fence your way past your foes, or try Nez Bellows, the burly smith. Confound your foes as the wizened old mouse Maginos, or protect your companions as Tilda, the castle's former healer. Every player will have a vital role in the quest to warn the king, and it will take careful planning to find Vanestra's weakness and defeat her.

Mice and Mystics is a cooperative adventure game in which the players work together to save an imperiled kingdom. They will face countless adversaries such as rats, cockroaches, and spiders, and of course the greatest of all horrors: the castle's housecat, Brodie. Mice and Mystics is a boldly innovative game that thrusts players into an ever-changing, interactive environment, and features a rich storyline that the players help create as they play the game. The Cheese System allows players to hoard the crumbs of precious cheese they find on their journey, and use it to bolster their mice with grandiose new abilities and overcome seemingly insurmountable odds.

Mice and Mystics will provide any group of friends with an unforgettable adventure they will be talking about for years to come – assuming they can all squeak by...

Bellis

Just to confirm, I plan to attend the next CC session. (And thank you Murray for posting Mice & Mystics. I was once asked if I was a man or a mouse, and now I will find out.  ::) )

silent_rob

Please mark me down for Mice & Mystics. I dug Plaid Hat Games' Dead of Winter last week so I would be interested in checking out more of their stuff.

I'm going to bring Alien Frontiers to start the night (4 players, 90 minutes at 630pm), if anyone's interested. I have the Factions expansion, which we can play with if players are familiar with the game. But I want to keep it to 4 players instead of 5 so it doesn't end up going super long.

Dana_Tillusz

Do you have what it takes to be a deep space colonist? An alien frontier awaits the brave and daring! This new planet will be harsh, but if you have the skills to manage your resources, build a fleet, research alien life, and settle colonies, the world can be yours.

Alien Frontiers is a game of resource management and planetary development for two to four players. During the game you will utilize orbital facilities and alien technology to build colony domes in strategic locations to control the newly discovered world.

The game board shows the planet, its moon, the stations in orbit around the planet, and the solar system's star. The dice you are given at the start of the game represent the space ships in your fleet. You will assign these ships to the orbital facilities in order to earn resources, expand your fleet, and colonize the planet.

As the game progresses, you will place your colony tokens on the planet to represent the amount of control you have over each territory. Those territories exert influence over specific orbital facilities and, if you control a territory, you are able to utilize that sway to your advantage.

The planet was once the home of an alien race and they left behind a wondrous artifact in orbit. Using your fleet to explore the artifact, you will discover amazing alien technologies that you can use to advance your cause.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

omegadirective

CappyZed

Alien frontiers please...though it's been a while and I'll need a refresher.

GreyLurker

Me and Jason would be willing to give Alien Frontiers a try, sign us up if you have room for two more

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn