Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 2, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Marc Bendig

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Legendary Encounters
TEACHER: Bryce
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: ... 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Bryce
2. Cordawg
3. Mark M

GAME: Stone Age
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: ... 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. DCStyles
2. Silent Rob
3. Lori
4. Miles

GAME: King's Forge
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. NeikeDjour
2. prairieguy
3. Omegadirective
4. roxy72

GAME: Dungeons & Dragons, First Edition
TEACHER: Jason Szarkowicz
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION:
PLAYERS... 6
1. Dyson Yobb
2. Rob Szarkowicz
3. Cordawg
4. Jason Szarkowicz
5. Mac Grassick
6. Zac

GAME: Shinobi Wat-aah!
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Dead of Winter
TEACHER: prairieguy
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: ... 100 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. prairieguy
2. NeikeDjour
3. Silent Rob
4. Lori
5. Omegadirective

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

prairieguy

Played this 2 weeks ago and have been dying to crack my copy open!  Plays 2 - 5 100 minutes @ 8:30

"Crossroads" is a new series from Plaid Hat Games that tests a group of survivors' ability to work together and stay alive while facing crises and challenges from both outside and inside.
Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, the first game in this series, puts 2-5 players in a small, weakened colony of survivors in a world where most of humanity is either dead or diseased, flesh-craving monsters. Each player leads a faction of survivors with dozens of different characters in the game.
Dead of Winter is a meta-cooperative psychological survival game. This means players are working together toward one common victory condition — but for each individual player to achieve victory, he must also complete his personal secret objective. This secret objective could relate to a psychological tick that's fairly harmless to most others in the colony, a dangerous obsession that could put the main objective at risk, a desire for sabotage of the main mission, or (worst of all) vengeance against the colony! Certain games could end with all players winning, some winning and some losing, or all players losing. Work toward the group's goal, but don't get walked all over by a loudmouth who's looking out only for his own interests!
Dead of Winter is an experience that can be accomplished only through the medium of tabletop games. It's a story-centric game about surviving through a harsh winter in an apocalyptic world. The survivors are all dealing with their own psychological imperatives, but must still find a way to work together to fight off outside threats, resolve crises, find food and supplies, and keep the colony's morale up.
Dead of Winter has players making frequent, difficult, heavily- thematic, wildly-varying decisions that often have them deciding between what is best for the colony and what is best for themselves.

Marc Bendig

dyobb

Chewsday RPG - Sept. 2, 2014 - 7:30 pm - Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition!

Dungeons and Dragons was first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules Incorporated (TSR) that consisted of Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. It was the first modern role-playing game that established many of the conventions that have dominated the genre: use of dice, character record sheets, numerical attributes and game master/group dynamics. Within months of Dungeons & Dragons release, new role-playing game writers and publishers began releasing their own role-playing games inspired by this original version. Fourty years and numerous revisions later Dungeons and Dragons is one of the bestselling, renown RPGs in the world.

So whether you're a vetran gamer who wants a retrospective replay of the original rules or a RPG newbie that wants us to see how the
grandfather of roleplaying began, please join us in playing the game that started it all!

Six seats available: Jason Szarkowicz as  GM, Dyson Yobb and Rob Szarkowicz have taken two seats already. Only three seats remain, so reserve a seat asap!

Cordawg

prairieguy

Marc Bendig

No, I'll be having my monthly game of Catan with my aunt at that time.

DCStyles

I'll play and teach a game of Stone Age at 6:30.  4 players, approx. 1 hour run time.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

NeikeDjour

I'm going to be bringing King's Forge for 6:30pm (4 Players, 60 minutes) and Shinobi Wat-aah! for 7:30pm (4 players, 60 minutes), then I'll jump into Dead of Winter.

The Chamberlain is searching the realm for a new "Craftmaster to the King" and sets a contest for all of the smiths and crafters in the land. The first one to forge four items from a list of the King's favorite weapons and trinkets will be honored as First Among Crafters and Smiths. But watch out, because the other crafters and smiths will try to outdo you at every opportunity. Are you ready to forge your destiny?

In King's Forge, players are craftsmen and craftswomen seeking to become the favorite of the King. A variety of dice represent the raw materials (metal, wood, gems, and enchantment) and those same dice can be used to gather new dice and purchase roll-modifiers, or saved and rolled in an attempt to meet the requirements to craft the items on the King's list. An early lead is not a sure path to victory and other players will out-maneuver and out-build you whenever possible. Careful dice management, advance planning, fierce competition, and nail-biting luck will carry you to winner's circle.

The Empire of the Moon faces many threats. The Rift has reopened, providing passage for the creatures that have lurked in Shadow for millennia. But the danger also comes from within as the Emperor, son of the Moon, is getting old, and his formerly loyal lords are now trying to seize power. In order to do this, they make their appeal to the warriors known as ninjas, adepts of the way of Shinobi. The clans are finally prepared for war!

As a lord with a thirst for power, in Shinobi WAT-AAH! you plan to place your honorable posterior on the imperial throne. In order to do this, you will appeal to the large clans of ninjas, who will enable you to impose your military strength upon your enemies. To put it simply, your goal is to put a big WAT-AAH! in your enemies' faces!

I'm going to be (if there is space) leaving Nautilus Industries in the SaskGames bag.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

prairieguy