Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 16, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftybernardo

miles

silent_rob

I just found a new copy of Reiner Knizia's long out-of-print  Blue Moon City and picked it up.  This is a 4-player board game sequel(-of-sorts) to his 2-player collectible card game Blue Moon.  While the original was about factions battling it out, this game takes place after the war with everyone coming together to rebuild Blue Moon City (the player who contributes the most wins & becomes the leader of the newly rebuilt city).

It involves set collection, hand management, area control/influence and a modular board (I've heard some of Istanbul's mechanics compared to it - there are a couple of similarities in movement and scoring).

We'll go over the rules to start and it's not too complicated.

(4 players, 60 minutes at 6:30)

The Dark Age is over. The royal heirs, whose infighting and pride caused the destruction of Blue Moon City, have fled. The corrupt advisors and courtiers who whispered into their ears have been banished. The bitter division between the peoples of Blue Moon is beginning to heal. Now is a time of harmony and hope.

But Blue Moon City remains in ruins, the barest outlines in the rubble giving a hint of the magnificence of the city before its downfall. The people have vowed that the city must be rebuilt, and the three elemental dragons have returned to help. As messengers of the god of Blue Moon, they have the power to reunite the Holy Crystal that once protected the city. The only question that remains is this: To whom will they bestow the new mantle of leadership?

Contribute to the reconstruction of Blue Moon City to gain crystals. Impress the dragons to collect golden scales and convert these into crystals. Be the first to make enough offerings to the obelisk in the central courtyard to gain the leadership of the city and win the game.

prairieguy

Lori

scuudz

Bix Conners

I have some gaming friends coming in from Okotoks Alberta. :excited
I will post a game once I find out what they would like to play. 
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

DCStyles

Bricktown and I will be teaching X-Wing again this week.  We have room for 2 more players, start around 9:30 whenever the BSG game ends.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Tempest

I think I'll bring out Legendary: Alien Encounters again this week. I believe it plays up to five, shouldn't take much more than an hour. I wouldn't mind doing multiple sessions if there's enough interest. I'll probably start closer to 7:30 unless it turns out I don't have to work that day. (I'll make another post if that happens)

...I might even sneak in some characters from regular Legendary in for the lulz...
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

dyobb

Gah! Darn me for not checking in sooner! Mice and Mystics all filled up! We'll have to try again another time, Murray.

Also, there will be no chewsday RPG this week, too busy getting ready for prairie con. Sorry for the inconvenience.