Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 23, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Put me down for Among the Stars, Rob.  Unfortunately my copy with the expansions hasn't arrived yet - maybe by tuesday.

Tempest

Archipelago's an awesome game, I recommend it to anyone wanting to try out a really interesting worker placement game. I'd sign up, but I probably work 'til 7 as it is. If enough people are interested, I'd like to bring out Formula D; room for up to 10(!) people, I'd say 2-3 hours tops. If there isn't enough interest, I can potentially take requests or I'll otherwise wait and see what pops up.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

scuudz

Quote from: Tempest on September 18, 2014, 01:35:21 AM
Archipelago's an awesome game, I recommend it to anyone wanting to try out a really interesting worker placement game. I'd sign up, but I probably work 'til 7 as it is. If enough people are interested, I'd like to bring out Formula D; room for up to 10(!) people, I'd say 2-3 hours tops. If there isn't enough interest, I can potentially take requests or I'll otherwise wait and see what pops up.

Yup, it is a brilliant design in my book.  I view it as more than a worker placement game though. There is exploration, auctioning/bidding, negotiation and a traitor (possibly). The "semi-co-op" nature of the game is interesting. I love the graphic design of the game too.  I've only played one 3-player game of it and am hoping for a 4 or 5 player game on Tuesday.
Tempest - I'll  probably bring it out in the future as well so hopefully you'll be able to sign up on one of those occasions.

Tempest

Yeah, 'worker-placement' is more of a generalization I guess haha. Sounds good; I usually play it on the weekends with my gaming group, so no huge rush, but I'll definitely give it a shot next time our schedules line up.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Lori

Quote from: Lori on September 17, 2014, 09:50:57 PM
Put me down for Among the Stars, Rob.  Unfortunately my copy with the expansions hasn't arrived yet - maybe by tuesday.

I seem to be missing from the list.

silent_rob

Sorry Lori - I've got you marked down on the list I'm bringing with me (to keep track of who's playing). But I think a moderator has to make the change on the OP of this thread to add you there. Or at least nothing's coming up that would let me make the edit.

Bix Conners

(1) Lori is added. :)

(2) I will play Archipelago.

(3) I will be bringing some of the 2 player abstract games in the GIPF series to play before Archipelago. Come see me to learn more :)
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

silent_rob

miles

I will be bring a Catan Histories game " The Merchants of Europe" it is a three or four player game. It takes about 2 hours to play. I would like to start at 6:30.

PhotoJim

Avidly gaming since 1972.