Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, September 20, 2014 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomsoda

I'll be showing up sometime between two and three, I think. I will be bringing Impulse to get some plays of it (Thanks Dana for ordering this one in!). I will likely bring compounded, since it has been requested at Chewsday Challenge. See you all tomorrow!

A.J

I have to drop out of the tourney. Im sorry i have to work now  : (
Malifaux: Neverborn + Outcasts
Infinity: Yu Jing + Combined Army

miles

Tempest

Quote from: Matt Robertson on September 19, 2014, 09:12:46 AM
Quote from: Tempest on September 19, 2014, 01:40:35 AM
I'd be up for Mega-carc, depending on when you schedule it.

I am thinking from 1pm to 4:30pm. Does that work for you?

Unfortunately not; I'm doing either Tzolk'in or Stone Age at noon then I'm in the Power Grid tourney at 2:00pm. Oh well, some other time then.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

Also, I examined my settlers set (it's been years since I've opened that bad boy) and discovered that I had one extra road in one colour, and one fewer in another. If you're lacking in copies of the game still, I coloured the extra one to almost match the colour that was short; it's different enough so as not to be mistaken for any other colour anyways. Other than that and a bit of usage wear on the cards, it's 100% playable still.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Tempest on September 20, 2014, 03:28:51 AM
Also, I examined my settlers set (it's been years since I've opened that bad boy) and discovered that I had one extra road in one colour, and one fewer in another. If you're lacking in copies of the game still, I coloured the extra one to almost match the colour that was short; it's different enough so as not to be mistaken for any other colour anyways. Other than that and a bit of usage wear on the cards, it's 100% playable still.

Hey great!
Snikt!

Rachel

Our dog got into garlic in the garbage.  We need to stay home and monitor him and probably take him to another vet before his eye appointment.

craftybernardo

Big thanks to Chad, Dana, and everyone on the saskgames team for putting on another crazy awesome day of gaming mayhem.  Looking forward to the next one ! :excited :excited :excited

Dana_Tillusz

Glad you could make it out. I had lots of fun as well -- I actually got some games played!
Snikt!

ChadBoudreau

Prairie Game Expo Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE:95

GAMES PLAYED: Legendary: Aliens Encounter, Nation: A Mighty Spark, Coconuts, Linja, Pitchcar Mini, X-Wing: A Star Wars Miniatures Game, Warhammer 40K, Pandemic, Dead of Winter, Rails of New England, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Bamboleo, Mice & Mystics, Settlers of Catan, Hanabi, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Avengers vs. X-Men Dice Masters, Hamsterolle, Shadows Over Camelot, Magic Labyrinth, Turf Master, T'Zolkin, Fearsome Floors, Jungle Speed, Takenoko, Lancaster, Zombies Keep Out, Liberte, Alhambra, Power Grid, Dutch Blitz, Rampage, Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game, Impulse, Battlestar Galactica, Dixit, Settlers of the Stone Age, Myth, Tsuro, Star Fluxx, Carcassonne, Infernal Contraption, Dread Curse, Coup: Reformation, Love Letter, Legendary: A Marvel Deck-Building Game, Munchkin, Game of Thrones LCG, Flash Point: Fire Rescue, Yahtzee, Map It, What's He Building In There, Settlers of Catan Dice Game.

HIGHLIGHTS:
(1) 95 attendees with people, which was great considering this was the same day as ToonCon, Saskatoon Entertainment Expo, and Magic: The Gathering Khans of Tarkir Pre-Release.
(2) Food for Learning provided excellent food throughout the course of the day. Welcome back ham'n'egger!
(3) Congratulations to the winners of the Settlers of Catan, Power Grid, Warhammer 40K, and X-Wing tournaments.
(4) Big thanks to anyone who taught games at Prairie Game Expo-- whether you were an official Prairie Game Expo Ambassador or an attendee kind enough to invite people to your table.
(5) Thanks to the volunteers who ran the registration table.
(6) Thanks to Chris S, Derek C, Dana, and Brandon for organizing and running tournaments.
(7) Core Ritchie Community Centre was a fantastic venue.
(8) Special thanks to ProAV for the use of the audio equipment.
(9) Congratulations to everyone who won a door prize.
(10) It was good to see so many families and young gamers in attendance!
(11) It is with a heavy heart that we report some games were stolen from the Prairie Game Expo game library. We will be revisiting our lending policy for the next Prairie Game Expo to ensure this does not happen again.
(12) Congratulations to local game designers Dyson and Jason for releasing their first expansion for Nation: A Mighty Spark. Thanks for bringing it to Prairie Game Expo.
(13) The next Prairie Game Expo is January 17, 2015.

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com