Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - July 22, 2014 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, June 25, 2014, 09:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Roxanne Stankievech

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME:Marvel Legendary, Heroes and Villains
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Amanda Dearborn
3. Qwijybo
4. Stardust

GAME: Carcassonne
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
DURATION: 60 minutes
PLAYERS 6
1. Marc Bendig
2. GreyLurker
3. Jason

GAME: Lords of Waterdeep w/ Scoundrels of Skullport Expansion
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS 6
1. DCStyles
2. Prairieguy
3. Gypsywolf
4. Falconias
5. LoganD

GAME: Wasabi!
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
DURATION: 60 minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Shadows over Camelot
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS 7
1. NeikeDjour
2. Prairieguy
3. Gypsywolf
4. Falconais
5. Maelven
6. Bricktown
7. DCStyles

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Colin Dearborn

combined with and pluswith a dash of

Amanda and I will run this at 6:30

4 players, maybe an hour and a half.

Marc Bendig

Carcassonne!

Gonna run Carcassonne. 6:30, call it an hour, six players. If I do get six players, we will do three teams of two, otherwise free-for-all. I quite like the teams method with six.

DCStyles

Its been a little while since I brought it out so... Lords of Waterdeep with the Scoundrels of Skullport expansion.  2-6 players, start time of 6:30.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

NeikeDjour

I'm going to bring out Wasabi! for 6:30 (4 players, 60 minutes) and I'll bring out Shadows over Camelot for 8:30 (7 players, 120 minutes)

Wasabi! is a light and fast game where you compete against other players to assemble your quota of unique sushi recipes in a rapidly dwindling space. Players draw a variety of delicious ingredients into their hand from the pantry and play them one at a time onto the board, building off of each other's previously-placed ingredients in the attempt to complete recipes of varying difficulty.

Completing a recipe earns you your choice of special actions from the kitchen to perform later (Chop!, Stack!, Switch!, Spicy!, and the dreaded Wasabi!) that will help you in your efforts or disrupt your opponents' carefully arranged creations-in-progress.

Completing a recipe with style will earn you bonus points, but you might not always have the time to set up such stylish maneuvers... balancing speed with technique will be crucial if you plan to win the game!

Victory comes as soon as the board fills up with ingredients. Points for completed recipes plus bonuses are tabulated, and the winner is the player with the most points. An extremely skilled player might score an instant victory by completing their quota of recipes before the board fills up.

Shadows over Camelot is a cooperative/semi-cooperative hand management and deduction-based board game for 3-7 players.

Each player represents a knight of the Round Table and they must collaborate to overcome a number of quests - ranging from defeating the Black Knight to the search for the Holy Grail. Completed Quests place white swords on the Round Table; failed Quests add black swords and/or siege engines around Camelot. The knights are trying to build a majority of white swords on the Table before Camelot falls.

On each knights' turn they take a 'heroic action', moving to a new Quest, building their hand or playing cards to advance the forces of good. However, they must also choose one of three evil actions, each of which will bring Camelot closer to defeat.

Moreover, one of the knights may be a Traitor - pretending to be a loyal member of the party but secretly hindering their fellows in subtle ways, biding their time, waiting to strike at the worst possible moment...

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

prairieguy

Derek I will join for Waterdeep and Nicolle I will join Shadows

Falconias

Gypsywolf and I are in for Lords of Waterdeep and Shadows.

Stardust

GreyLurker