Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - May 13, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, April 18, 2014, 05:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Wher
e:
Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Matt Robertson

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Russian Railroads
TEACHER: Omegadirective
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: ... Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Omegadirective
2. prairieguy
3. DCStyles
4. Rye M

GAME: Boss Monster
TEACHER: prairieguy
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 30 Minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. prairieguy
2. Marc Bendig
3. Qwijybo
4. Rye M

GAME: Munchkin Quest
TEACHER: Blake
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Blake
2. roxy72
3. CappyZed
4. Becksta Joy

GAME: WoW Miniatures
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION:  Minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. NeikeDjour

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

omegadirective

I'll bring Russian Railroads.
800 Start.
2-4 people
120 minutes.

Marc Bendig

I would love to try out Boss Monster, if anyone has a copy they'd care to run.

prairieguy

I would be happy to run Boss Monster Marc - 6:30 work?
Also sign me up for Russian Railroads please

ChadBoudreau

Inspired by a love of classic video games, Boss Monster is a "dungeon-building" card game that pits 2-4 players in a competition to build the ultimate side-scrolling dungeon. Players compete to lure and destroy hapless adventurers, racing to outbid one another to see who can build the most enticing, treasure-filled dungeon.

The goal of Boss Monster is to be the first Boss to amass ten Souls, which are gained when a Hero is lured and defeated. But a player can also lose if his Boss takes five Wounds from Heroes who survive his dungeon.

Playing Boss Monster requires you to juggle two competing priorities: the need to lure Heroes at a faster rate than your opponents, and the need to kill those Heroes before they reach your Boss. Players can build one room per turn, each with its own damage and treasure value. More attractive rooms tend to deal less damage, so a Boss who is too greedy can become inundated with deadly Heroes.

Players interact with each other by building rooms and playing Spells. Because different Heroes seek different treasure types, and rooms are built simultaneously (played face down, then revealed). This means that every "build phase" is a bidding war. Spells are instant-speed effects that can give players advantages or disrupt opponents.

ChadBoudreau

In Russian Railroads, players compete in an exciting race to build the largest and most advanced railway network. In order to do so, the players appoint their workers to various important tasks.

The development of simple tracks will quickly bring the players to important places, while the modernization of their railway network will improve the efficiency of their machinery. Newer locomotives cover greater distances and factories churn out improved technology. Engineers, when used effectively, can be the extra boost that an empire needs to race past the competition.

There are many paths to victory: Who will ride into the future full steam ahead and who will be run off the rails? Whose empire will overcome the challenges ahead and emerge victorious?

Marc Bendig

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

DCStyles

My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Rye M