Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - May 27, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, April 18, 2014, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Bryce Robinson

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited

GAME: Coconuts
TEACHER: Lareina
START TIME: 7:00
DURATION: 20 Minutes
PLAYERS...4
1. Chad Boudreau
2. Breton
3. Lochlan
4. KimberlyCupcake

1. Bellis

GAME: D-Day Dice
TEACHER: Prairieguy
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Prairieguy
2. Greylurker
3. Jason

GAME: Archipelago
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Marc Bendig
2. Tempest
3. RyeM
4. Madbaker
5. CappyZed

GAME: Quebec 1759
TEACHER: Prairieguy
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 75 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2
1. Prairieguy
2. Omegadirective

GAME: Agricola
TEACHER: Rye M
START TIME: 9:00
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Rye M
2. CappyZed
3. Madbaker
4. Tempest

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

ChadBoudreau

A question I sometimes get asked when working at ComicReaders Downtown is "What games are played at Chewsday Challenge?"

I direct people to saskgames.com to see the discussion on the Chewsday Challenge forums, and sometimes I'll open up an archived event and read the list of games played the previous week. People are always surprised at the variety of games played. That variety, I think, is one of the strengths of Chewsday Challenge-- games of all sorts for all sorts of gamers.

Another question I sometimes get asked is "Does Game XYZ get played at Chewsday Challenge?" Those people are asking because they've had their eye on that game and want to try it out.

So, if there is a game on your "to play list" but you don't own it, feel free to post on a Chewsday Challenge event thread to ask if someone has it and would be willing to bring it out.

Marc Bendig

On that note: does anyone have a copy of Caverna they would like to run?

Lareina

I'll be bringing out Coconuts, it's a fairly short game so we can run multiple games. Chris and I don't have to play in the first few games, we'll probably be searching for errant coconuts flying about. 4 Players, about 20 minutes to play, possibly slightly longer because of stoppage in gameplay due to needing to find the coconuts on the floor. We can run it starting at 7:00.

prairieguy

I would like to run D-Day Dice again, 4 players about an hour and a half starting at 6:30. I am also looking for someone to learn a game with me at 8:30, Quebec 1759, it is a block wargame - only a 2 player game.

Marc Bendig

Archipelago went over very well last week, so I will trot it out again. I will take the full 5 players this time. 6:30, 150 minutes.

ChadBoudreau

omegadirective

Tempest

I was going to bring out a couple games, but I think instead I'll hop in on Archipelago.  If enough people are around afterwards, perhaps Galaxy Trucker? Robo Rally? Something else? Who knows?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Rye M

Sign me up for Archipelago again, had a blast last week.  I'll also bring Agricola for after if there is time.