Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, June 28th, 2014 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 25, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegadirective

omegadirective

I would like to bring "Rails of New England"

5 players. 3.5 hours.

I am not sure if you think it would be better at 9am or after the Ticket to Ride Tournament.

It works well with more players.

Mike Friesen

I apologize for this being as late as it is but its been a busy year! Do you have any vendor space? We were thinking of coming down from Saskatoon and bringing a couple of our games to demo.
I try my best.. always. I lose... often. I quit... never

ChadBoudreau

Warhammer 40K 1000 point Tournament
Start time: 12:00 pm
Players: 8 player max.

Rules
- If any army is found to be in violation of any of the rules, the player will be disqualified
- All models must be in compliance to WYSIWYG
- All games are to be played on a 4'x4' table

Army Composition
- Armies are to be constructed up to 1000 points
- Choose one of the following Detatchments:
            - Modified Arms Detachment
                     - Compulsory: 1 HQ / 2 Troops         
                     - Optional: 1 HQ   / 4 Troops / 3 Elites / 3 Fast / 3 Heavy
*All Units must have the same Faction
**Command Benefit: Ideal Mission Commander (Pg 122)

- Scouting Party Detachment
                    - Compulsory: 1 HQ / 4 Troops   
                    - Optional: 0 HQ   / 4 Troops / 1 Elites OR Fast OR Heavy
*All Units must have the same Faction
**Command Benefit: Objective Secured (Pg 122)

- No fortifications may be taken
- No allies may be taken
- No Lords of War may be taken
- Dataslates / Formations / Forgeworld etc. ARE allowed provided you bring their rules

Battlefield Terrain
- Terrain will be fixed per table and not allowed to move.
- Mysterious objectives (Pg 135) will be in effect.

Battle Missions
- There will be 3 missions. They will be announced at the event.
- At least one mission will utilize Tactical Objectives.

Prize
The winner of the tournament will receive a $25 gift certificate from ComicReaders Downtown.
The second place player will receive a $10 gift certificate from ComicReaders Downtown.

This tournament supports up to 8 players. Post on this forum to reserve your spot.

Players are required to submit their Army List BEFORE the event. Send lists to readers2@sasktel.net or drop it off at ComicReaders Downtown.

Note: Kingleir and foleydafrog, please confirm your earlier expressed interest in this tournament.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI apologize for this being as late as it is but its been a busy year! Do you have any vendor space? We were thinking of coming down from Saskatoon and bringing a couple of our games to demo.

At our first Prairie Game Expo, we had a Designer's Corner where game designers could demo their games. That space is offered again this year. There is no cost for Prairie Game Expo and there is no cost to make use of the Designer's Corner space.

Please confirm your attendance by posting on this forum. The event run 9am - 9pm. You are not required to attend the whole day, but please let us know the hours you will attend and the times at which you want to demo your game(s).

Mike Friesen

Put me on the list for now, I will update who's coming in the next week. I will be available to demo both Space Junk and Nautilus Industries at any time during the day. If you want to schedule something that's fine.

http://lamplightgames.org/
I try my best.. always. I lose... often. I quit... never

prairieguy

I would like to demo Sergeant's Miniatures - later in the day, maybe the evening would be better. Need a 6' table and probably 2 hours with a good 30 to set up. Oh, and someone to play against lol - or we can choose a 4 player scenario which would be fun

Nathans

Nathan Sgrazzutti

ChadBoudreau

X-Wing: 100 Point Assault at Imdaar Alpha

DESCRIPTION
At a secret research facility on Imdaar Alpha, Imperial scientists are developing a deadly new starfighter that could avoid Rebel sensors and scanners, providing the Empire with the means to crush the Rebel Alliance forever...

At Prairie Game Expo, Assault at Imdaar Alpha is your chance to get your hands on preview copies of the game's fourth wave of starfighters: the Z-95 Headhunter, TIE defender, E-wing, and TIE phantom!

Squad
- The total point value of your squad (ship, pilot, upgrades, etc) cannot exceed 100 points.
- You must chose a faction. Rebel or Imperials. You cannot mix factions to build your squad.
- A squad list must be submitted when you arrive for the event. That means, no squad building when you arrive. Have your squad built in advance. The tournament organizer will review your squad.
- Bring the required components from the X-Wing core set-- maneuver dials, range rulers, asteroids, damage cards, etc. 

Game Play
- Players will be randomly matched for the first round robin game. Additional pairings are based on your results from the previous games.
- There is 75 minute time limit per game. 15 minutes for set-up / deployment. 60 minutes for the game.
- The number of matches played is determined by the number of players. If we have 8 players, for example, there will be 3 rounds of games and then the final match between the top 2 players.
- A rule book will be on hand for reference, but two event organizers will be on hand for rule clarifications. If need be, the final say on rules will be provided by ComicReaders' Chad Boudreau, who plays X-Wing but is not participating in the event.
- Official Fantasy Flight Tournament rules can be found at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

Modified Match Win = 3 tournament points
Draw = 1 tournament point
Match Loss = 0 tournament points

The top 2 players will rebuild their 100 point squads using two of the new ships. The first place player going into the final round will choose a faction (Imperials or Rebels). The second place player will get the other faction. So even if you are playing Imperials in the tournament, you might find yourself playing Rebels in the final round. You need to be prepared for this!

Prizes
If we have 8 players, the prizes will be as follows:
- First place player gets their pick of 1 Z-95 or TIE Defender or E-Wing or TIE Phantom
- Second place player gets their pick of one of the three remaining ships
- Third place player gets their pick of one of the two remaining ships
- Fourth place player gets the last remaining ship
- Each player receives a Bandit Squadron Pilot with extended art

TIME
10:00 AM - 2:00pm

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
This event supports 8 players. Pre-register by posting on this forum on calling the store. 779-0900.

ChadBoudreau

QuotePut me on the list for now, I will update who's coming in the next week. I will be available to demo both Space Junk and Nautilus Industries at any time during the day.

I've added you to the Game Designer's section of Prairie Game Expo and have added to the schedule that you will be on-hand all day to demo both games.