Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, June 28th, 2014 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 25, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

Talisman is an adventure board game set in a high fantasy medieval world. Players have 14 characters to choose from all based on role playing archetypes, such as heroes, wizards, villains, thieves, monsters, etc. The game makes players feel they are traveling the world to find equipment, weapons, ancient relics, and companions that will help them on their quest to acquire the Crown of Command. Along the way they visit various locales in the worlds, battle each other and fantastic creatures to make their way to the top.

prairieguy

Hey Chad/Dana
I would like to run Boss Monster, maybe over an hour/ hour and a half - should be able to play a few games and introduce some people to the game. Not sure what time of the day, maybe morning,  as I would like to run Sergeant's Miniatures maybe in the evening as well, playing it through this Friday but I think if I use one of the small scenarios a couple hours will do.
Murray

Lareina

Chris will be running the 40k tournament (pending nothing comes up), we're still debating about format, but we should be able to get that finalized soon within the week.

Tempest

Oh, for those interested, I'll be running Talisman with MOST of the expansions. Probably. They do tend to make things a bit longer, but in my opinion they also make it more fun.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

Inspired by a love of classic video games, Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game pits 2-4 players in a competition to build the ultimate side-scrolling dungeon. Players compete to lure and destroy hapless adventurers, racing to outbid one another to see who can build the most enticing, treasure-filled dungeon. The goal of Boss Monster is to be the first Boss to amass ten Souls, which are gained when a Hero is lured and defeated — but a player can lose if his Boss takes five Wounds from Heroes who survive his dungeon.

Playing Boss Monster requires you to juggle two competing priorities: the need to lure Heroes at a faster rate than your opponents, and the need to kill those Heroes before they reach your Boss. Players can build one room per turn, each with its own damage and treasure value. More attractive rooms tend to deal less damage, so a Boss who is too greedy can become inundated with deadly Heroes.

Players interact with each other by building rooms and playing Spells. Because different Heroes seek different treasure types, and rooms are built simultaneously (played face down, then revealed), this means that every "build phase" is a bidding war. Spells are instant-speed effects that can give players advantages or disrupt opponents.

ChadBoudreau

prairieguy: I've added Boss Monster to the schedule. A 9am game with a second game at 10am, as per our discussion at Chewsday Challenge.

squalie

Could you reserve 8 spots for the Warhammer Fantasy Event?  I will run the day tourney.

Thanks in advance!

ChadBoudreau

QuoteCould you reserve 8 spots for the Warhammer Fantasy Event?  I will run the day tourney.

Will do. Did you want to start at 10am? We open at 9am so starting at 10am would give people time to arrive and get set up.

squalie