Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - April 1, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 11, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAMES:

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited

GAME: Arctic Scavengers
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Omegadirective
2. Marc Bendig
3. Prairieguy
4. Saskdm
5. Craftybernardo

GAME: Agricola
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION:120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. DCStyles
3. Tempest
4. roxy72
5. Blake

GAME: Cinque Terre
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
DURATION: ...60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Amanda Dearborn
3. NeikeDjour

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

In the year 2097, the entire Earth was enveloped in a cataclysmic shift in climate, plunging the globe into another ice age. Nearly 90% of the world's population was eliminated, driving the survivors to band together into loose communities and tribes.

In Arctic Scavengers, you are the leader of a small tribe of survivors. Resources, tools, medicine, and mercenaries are all in scarce supply. You and your tribe are pitted against up to four other tribes in a fight for survival. Build up your tribe, skirmish against other players head-to-head, or even bluff your way to victory.

The player with the largest tribe at the end of the game is declared the winner!
Snikt!

omegadirective

DCStyles

I will bring out Agricola for a 6:30 start time.  Feeling a bit nostalgic, it was the first game I ever played at a Chewsday.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Rosencrantz

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

prairieguy

Tempest

Sign me up for Agricola; I've got the app now, and I'm terrible at it, but at least I understand it a bit more?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

DCStyles

The app is a really good way to learn the game, its much quicker and the AI is a good challenge on master.  Just a note, Agricola only plays up to 5 people, but there's still 2 more spots open!
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

roxy72

saskdm