Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - April 29, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 11, 2014, 04:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Logan Drydale
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Police Precinct

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Police Precinct
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: ...90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Colin Dearborn
3. prairieguy
4. Keith U
5. Qwijybo (Bryce)

GAME: Le Havre
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
DURATION:150 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Marc Bendig
2. madbaker

GAME: Chaos in the Old World
TEACHER: Robere
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Robere
2. Matt Robertson
3. Dana Tillusz
4. Greg Vallee

GAME: Elder Sign
TEACHER: Street Disciple
DURATION: 90 minutes
PLAYERS... 8
1. Street Disciple
2. Craftybernardo
3. thomsoda

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Police Precinct is a cooperative/semi-cooperative game where players are tasked with solving a mysterious murder while simultaneously working to keep crime on the streets under control, and to keep the city from falling into chaos.

Players take on the role of police officers with different areas of expertise. The players work together to solve the mystery by collecting evidence and eventually arresting the suspect.

Complicating matters is the fact that there may or may not be a corrupt officer that is being paid off by the murderer to suppress evidence, the same evidence everyone else is trying to uncover.

Players move around the city searching through randomly shuffled investigation cards for evidence in relation to the murder. The number of investigation cards drawn depends on the character's rating as well as how many player cards are added by other players to boost the character's rating for the current "search". There are four decks of investigation cards (Interview Witness, Collect Crime Scene Evidence, Examine Body and Locate Murder Weapon) to be searched. These decks are shuffled and placed in different locations. So, a player might search the cards in one area and not find any evidence at all... or maybe the bribed cop, if there is one, did the searching and just said no evidence was found.
Snikt!

R Newell

prairieguy

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

Marc Bendig

I will bring out Le Havre; played it once quite some time ago, loved, have been wanting another crack at it since. 4 players (can technically go to 5, but the rules suggest only trying that with a group that knows the rules well in advance), 150 minutes (we will play the "shortened version", which just cuts through some of the slow buildup at the start), start at 6:30.

In Le Havre, a player's turn consists of two parts: First, distribute newly supplied goods onto the offer spaces; then take an action. As an action, players may choose either to take all goods of one type from an offer space or to use one of the available buildings. Building actions allow players to upgrade goods, sell them or use them to build their own buildings and ships. Buildings are both an investment opportunity and a revenue stream, as players must pay an entry fee to use buildings that they do not own. Ships, on the other hand, are primarily used to provide the food that is needed to feed the workers.

After every seven turns, the round ends: players' cattle and grain may multiply through a Harvest, and players must feed their workers. After a fixed number of rounds, each player may carry out one final action, and then the game ends. Players add the value of their buildings and ships to their cash reserves. The player who has amassed the largest fortune is the winner.

Robere

I will be in town and hope to join in some games.

Thanks

Robert

Rosencrantz

I would like to add Dominant Species to the list for 6:30, if I may.   I'm going to shorten the game using the designer's suggestion to remove select cards. A few other will be randomly pulled to keep the game under 3 hours.   So if anyone has ever wanted to try the game but was unsure of the typically lengthy play time, this should give a good taste for the game.

Please add myself and Curtis and game plays up to 6.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Bix Conners

Quote from: Rosencrantz on April 24, 2014, 09:16:17 AM
I would like to add Dominant Species to the list for 6:30, if I may.

Very tempting. I will hold off to give those who have never played a chance to sign up. GREAT game!!
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Keith U