Playtestin' for Provincials

Started by dafish, September 28, 2010, 10:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade Kruse

Looks like a neat list.

I think I'm gonna stick with what I got for now, though. I like the Ooze shenanigans and I've spent the last week putting together what I have so I don't really want to change the gameplan without even playing it a bit. I think I'm gonna experiment around with Shaman/Vengevine decks for the next little while so I'll have to give that list a try sometime soon.

After a crapload of goldfishing at home I'm finding that most of the time mana seems like it'll be fairly stable so I don't feel I need the Cobras. I'm going to play with 1 or 2 Sylvan Rangers instead, I think.

Jason Doan

What are you and Fish thinking of running Wojo?  Just want to make sure we have a good gauntlet for testing.  I assume you'll have a U/W build with you.  Should I build and bring a ramp deck?  Seems like they will be popular, but what style specifically?  Mono G Eldrazi?   Titan Force?  Valakut?  I plan on bringing a mono G Elf deck, and an updated Boros list I've been tinkering with...also have a Mono B list I'd like to try out, though I've been contemplating adding U to it, but I think that would require dropping Mind Sludges from the list, which would be unfortunate as I think it's a house against both U/W and Ramp.  What about Mono R?  Chapin had a list in his premium article yesterday that used Koth and Lux Cannoin along with proliferate shenanigans that seems crappy but could have some incredibly busted draws.

dafish

We have built:
W/U
Elves
Boros
Dredgevine
G Eldrazi Ramp

Jason Doan

I see we're thinking along similar lines then...so we're either on the right track or all completely out to lunch :P

What time we planning on meeting up?

Wojo

I'll be at comic readers a little after 4:30. fish gets off work at 5:30ish so he'll be much latter.

If you're referring to Saturday then I think that leaving town at 6:30 is the best bet.

Wade Kruse

You guys all filled up or are you looking for another carpooler?

Wojo

There should be room for you Wade

Wade Kruse

Sweet. I was originally going to stay the weekend and visit family, but they're gonna be busy so I had to change plans.

I'll pop in around 4:30 or 5 tomorrow.

Jason Doan

Can always strap Wade to the roof  :neener

I'll try and be at the store between 4:30 and 5:00.

Tempest

If anyone needs to borrow anything, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. I'll be popping in around a bit later Thursday and/or Friday if it's not too late.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.