Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - March 11, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 11, 2014, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCStyles

Sign me up for Alien Frontiers as well.  I will also run a game of Bootleggers at 8:30 for 3 to 6 players, estimated playtime 2 hours.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

saskdm

Rise of the Empires looks interesting so please sign me up.

Thanks,

Tony

CappyZed

Formula D!  I would like to try finishing the race on a single tire this time, like a unicycle.

Tempest

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

NeikeDjour

I got a new game in the mail 2 days ago, another one of my kickstarter endeavors, called Berserk. I'd love to bring it to this Chewsday Challenge and play it with someone. It's a tactical card game, for 2 players. It takes around an hour and a half. Hopefully I'll find someone to play with me for 6:30pm?

Berserk is a fantasy card game that was invented in 1993 and published in Russia in 2003. Since then it has become the most popular collectible card game in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.

Berserk: War of the Realms, the second English-language edition of the Berserk tactical card game, consists of six 30-card ready-to-play decks and 63 cards for customizing.

In the distant world of Laar wandering armies, led by powerful magicians live a life of battle. For eons they fought for survival in this world, once scorched by fires of the Cataclysm. Now you have the chance to gather your own army and become the maker of your own fate. Perhaps, your path will shape the fate of Laar as well... In fierce battles your life and lives of your trusted armies will only depend on your skill of a strategist and a warlord. And then, when in the heat of battle you will once forget about your wounds, about the future and about the past - you will understand why this is not simply a game. It is Berserk.

I'm going to bring back Euphoria as well for 8:30pm, as most planned games are starting earlier. (6 players, 120 minutes)

In Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia, you lead a team of workers (dice) and recruits (cards) to claim ownership of the dystopian world. You will generate commodities, dig tunnels to infiltrate opposing areas, construct markets, collect artifacts, strengthen allegiances, and fulfill secret agendas.

Euphoria is a worker-placement game in which dice are your workers. The number on each die represents a worker's knowledge – that is, his level of awareness that he's in a dystopia. Worker knowledge enables various bonuses and impacts player interaction. If the collective knowledge of all of your workers gets too high, one of them might desert you. You also have two elite recruit cards at your disposal; one has pledged allegiance to you, but the other needs some convincing. You can reveal and use the reticent recruit by reaching certain milestones in the game...or by letting other players unwittingly reach those milestones for you.

Your path to victory is paved with the sweat of your workers, the strength of your allegiances, and the tunnels you dig to infiltrate other areas of the world, but the destination is a land grab in the form of area control. You accomplish this by constructing markets that impose harsh restrictions of personal freedoms upon other players, changing the face of the game and opening new paths to victory. You can also focus on gathering artifacts from the old world, objects of leisure that are extremely rare in this utilitarian society. The dystopian elite covet these artifacts – especially matching pairs – and are willing to give you tracts of land in exchange for them.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

prairieguy

DCStyles

Please scratch me from Alien Frontiers, just realized I won't be able to make it until 7pm because of work.  Also, I have a couple friends coming for the first time, so could you reserve 2 spots in Bootleggers for them.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Cordawg

sign me up for both bootleggers and alien frontiers please and thank you

wendyj

I would like to host a game, at 830, Amerigo , up to 4 players and 90 min long

wendyj