Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - March 18, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 11, 2014, 05:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Matt Robertson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Roxanne Stankievech
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Robo Rally

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Robo Rally
TEACHER: Roxanne Stankievech
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS...8
1. Roxanne Stankievech
2. Blake
3. CappyZed
4. Maelven
5. saskdm
6. Keith U
7. Tempest

GAME: Rise of Empires
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
DURATION:180 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Marc Bendig
2. Prairieguy
4. Omegadirective

GAME: Ticket to Ride Europe
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. DCStyles
2. qwijybo
3. Guest

GAME: Catan Histories: Settlers of America
TEACHER: Miles
PLAYERS... 4
1. Miles

GAME: Ticket to Ride Asia
TEACHER: DCStyles
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. DCStyles
2. Guest

GAME: Capitals Cities Through Time
TEACHER: Cordawg
START TIME: 8:30
PLAYERS... 5
1. Cordawg
2. Bellis

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Marc Bendig

I'm confident enough of Rise of Empires being a blast, so I am posting another round for this week. 6:50, 180 mins., 5 players.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30658/rise-of-empires

prairieguy

DCStyles

I will run games of Ticket To Ride Europe at 6:30 & Ticket To Ride Asia at 8:00 for 2 to 5 players.  I've never actually played them before  :o , but they look pretty easy to teach.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Blake

I'd like to officially get in on Robo Rally. Apparently it's awesome.

CappyZed

NeikeDjour

Got another Kickstarter called Machine of Death, and would really like to get a bigger group for this one. Ideally I'd like to get teams of 3. I think it would be good till maybe 12 people. So at least 2 teams, up to 4 teams. If we get less people, I'll try to split up the teams evenly. I'm going to start it around 8:30. And I'm going to guestimate a time of around 2 hours.

I'm really amused by the concept of this game, and as not many other people would know what it is, I'm placing a gameplay video with the post to give you a better understanding of how the game plays.

A party game in which it is TOTALLY POSSIBLE to drop a boxcar full of rabid piranhas onto the King of France. LIKELY, even.

In the world of our game, there exists a machine (the titular Machine of Death) that can issue people little cards: death predictions. Nobody knows just how it works, but it's always, always right.

The GAME is about flinging SHARKS from CATAPULTS in order to kill imaginary people. It's basically a game of Mousetrap or a Road Runner cartoon, except that it's TOTALLY WITHIN THE RULES to create a QUICKSAND GENERATOR in a TREEHOUSE in order to DROWN someone.

So if you can know, cryptically but with 100% accuracy, how a given person will one day die...
And you're an assassin, and you want to make that day today...
Then you have a puzzle to solve. Given a person who is slated to die by BANANA PEEL, but is currently in (let's say) a space station...how do you make it happen?
Oh, and I forgot: all you have at your disposal is a tool, a liquid, and a piece of furniture. GO!

Machine of Death: The Game of Creative Assassination. It's all about the execution.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Maelven

I'll join in for some Roborally. Everyone says that its good.
If PC gaming is your thing, feel free to add me on Steam. My steam ID is Maelven.

omegadirective

If you get 5 for Ticket to Ride Asia, count me in for a 6th. then we can do the team based version on the Asia Map. 3 teams of 2.

Jason72