New TV Season

Started by Jason Doan, September 21, 2010, 04:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are the only two shows on my want to see list. I'm very excited for both.

Lori

Is the Walking Dead based on the Stephen Kings book Cell?

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Lori on October 01, 2010, 12:08:23 PM
Is the Walking Dead based on the Stephen Kings book Cell?

Nope. It's based on Robert Kirkman's comic series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead

Great reading.
Snikt!

Lori

I wonder if Stephen King based his book on the comic then because there are many similarities, at least from the trailer that I saw of this show. 

dafish

Big Bang is sooooo good, as for the other shows, i guess i don't watch enough TV because i hate a lot of shows that seem to be popular.What can i say, screw cops and dr.s!

JohnKapp

Walking Dead; Episode two was pretty hard to watch. I figured ep 1 was too good to be true. Oh well.

Boardwalk Empire; I watched the first ep, but honestly haven't felt compelled to watch the rest.

Eastbound & Down; Probably my favourite comedy of all time, season two was fantastic.

Bored To Death; Definitely in my top 20 series of all time, love Schwartzman, Danson is an institution and Galifianakis is the next Bill Murray. Absolutely love this show.

Sons of Anarchy; Season three is unbelievable. Some of the best dramatic television I've ever watched. Perlman and Hunnam are just too good together. Pretty stoked to see Chibs go wyld on Jimmy.

Real Time with Bill Maher; Bill Maher is the TV host John Stewart wishes he could be. He doesn't take shit from his guests and isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

This is all I care about. I tried watching Big Bang Theory. I can see why people like it, but man, it's really difficult to watch. I had no idea laugh tracks still existed. I guess as long as there are people that need to be told when to laugh, the world will need the laugh track. Woof.

Jolo

Quote from: JohnKapp on November 10, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
Real Time with Bill Maher; Bill Maher is the TV host John Stewart wishes he could be. He doesn't take shite from his guests and isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

Jon Stewart wants to be delusional?

dafish

I didn't realize Big bang had a laugh track, i guess i was laughing too hard.

I hate Bill M and John Stewart.I find bill boring and john not really funny with him laughing at his own jokes too much. They're no Colbert

Jason Doan

Taken on it's own, without worrying about how close it is to the source, episode 2 of Walking Dead was fine.  I'd actually be pretty annoyed if the TV show wasn't a little different from the comics...also Michael Rooker = Awesome.

While I'm sure Big Bang fills in some spots with laugh track, it is also filmed in front of a live audience.

Also agree with Fish...Colbert > Stewart.

JohnKapp

Quote from: Jolo on November 11, 2010, 07:45:14 AM
Quote from: JohnKapp on November 10, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
Real Time with Bill Maher; Bill Maher is the TV host John Stewart wishes he could be. He doesn't take shitee from his guests and isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

Jon Stewart wants to be delusional?
I don't understand this post.