Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteLords of Hellas is a fast-paced territory control game with adventure elements for 1-4 players. The game is set in the Dark Age of Greece, an era shrouded in mystery. Is it possible, that what people of that time saw as Gods, were just beings from another planet, bringing advanced technology to the world? Players choose and control a unique hero and compete with one another for victory which can be achieved in multiple ways: from classical territory control, to adventure-style monster hunting.

In Lords of Hellas you play as one of the legendary heroes of Greece, each with unique special abilities and starting rules. Your hero grows during the game - you can enhance their statistics (Leadership, Strength, Speed), gather artifacts, collect the gods' blessings, and gather an army.

We took the best elements from territory control games and combined them with other fresh ideas. Your armies will clash in a quest for control and your heroes will be able to influence results of battles in various ways. Your resources are limited so you need to choose whether to use battle cards for perks in battle or instead use them for hunting monsters. Your heroes can win by killing 3 monsters so even with a small presence on the map, you can win the game in more adventurous ways. But it will be a hard task and you will need to contain others players' progress on the map. You can also hunt monsters to gain artifacts and local glory which bring their own benefits. Another adventure element we have added are quests. They will require certain attributes from your hero and time to complete. Rewards are significant and they will also grant you local glory.

Building monuments will end the turn in an interesting, non-linear way and grant additional perks. In addition, you will be able to send priests to each monument to gain special bonuses granted by certain gods. You can gain priests by building and controlling temples. You can also win the game by controlling temples. Having three different victory conditions will make the game very fast-paced and ensure that the game will be competitive for every player until the very end. Terrain will help you. The map has many special regions which provide perks for recruitment, combat, priests, movement, monster hunting or simply defence.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

asher

Forestation is a worker placement strategy game for ages 10 and up that has players create and sustain a forest teeming with flora and fauna. But look out! – poachers and illegal loggers are common visitors eager to hunt your animals and cut down your trees. Try to achieve a balance in your ecosystem where predators need to eat prey, prey need trees, and fish need rivers to survive. Forestation's realistic illustrations and amazing game-play will make you want to create the best forest possible to save wildlife from extinction! Forestation is intended for nature-loving people looking for a strategic challenge.

Forestation is a game for 2-4 players. Playing time varies from 1-2 hours depending upon the number of players and their familiarity with the game.

Please find us in September 2017 on Kickstarter and purchase our game. We are pleased to announce that 10% of all proceeds will be split between:

• the Wilderness Committee
• the Raincoast Conservation Foundation

This game will be manufactured in accordance with FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification by Trefl in Poland which ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that are evaluated to meet FSC's strict environmental and social standards.

tlh878

I have no idea what the game play will be like, but of all of the games I have pledged on kickstarter (and there are many), this is one of the ones I am most excited about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1999933720/trogdor-the-board-game/description

Who doesn't love homestar runner, strongbad and trogdor? :)
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

Genefunk2090

Here's some home grown Saskatchewan 5E Biopunk RPG action! :D  Hope you like it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crisprmonkey/genefunk-2090/
Stargazer, molecular biologist, teacher, and game designer! Love me some science (especially biology), tabletop RPGs, boardgames, science fiction, ethnic food, CRISPR, and philosophy. That's probably enough to form some fairly accurate stereotypes about me. :D

erdrikwolf

Saber_Avalon

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion

Edit 2: Late backers button up, so if you missed it you can still get in! The pledge manager has not been sent out yet so you can get add-ons or upgrade pledges as a late backer once that comes out.

Edit: Here's a free Primer from Catalyst games: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-primer
As well as a free campaign: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-chaos-campaign-succession-wars

CGL has updated the Kickstarter with new add-ons with free shipping on those newly added add-ons(shipping costs still apply for everything else). They can be found at the bottom of the campaign page with prices.

These new add-ons include the existing Beginner box set, Game of Armored Combat starter box set, the most up to date manuals/source books/rule books/technical readouts, a fast play rules version of the game called "Alpha Strike", game maps, a new RPG style game based in the BattleTech universe that doesn't even require miniatures to play, and a hard copy version of the legendary individuals of the game's universe.

-End Edit-

BattleTech: Clan Invasion

Classic BattleTech from the 80's has returned and been revived, now Catalyst Games Labs is taking it a step further and updating the Clan Invasion. Updated/refreshed miniatures, heavily influenced by MechWarrior Online's and HBS BattleTech's redesigns. Best of all the "Unseen" are once again "Reseen". Not a fan of the Clans? There's plenty of Inner Sphere miniatures as well.

For those new to BattleTech, it is one of the greatest and longest-lasting science fiction universes. A "Game of Thrones in space, with big stompy robots" set in the factional, militarized universe of the thirty-first century. Humanity has spread to the stars and spawned titanic interstellar empires, each controlling hundreds of worlds, cross a combined region of space stretching more than a thousand light years.

For thirty-five years, players have immersed themselves in the BattleTech novels and source books, captivated by the dynamic characters and epic events. All while tossing dice and moving miniatures around their tables in an effort to claim victory against their friends. And the adventures only continue.

Fluff:
It is the 31st Century, a time of endless wars that rage across human-occupied space. As star empires clash, these epic wars are won and lost by BattleMechs, 30-foot-tall humanoid metal titans bristling with lasers, autocannons and dozens of other lethal weapons. Your elite force of MechWarriors pilots these juggernauts into battle, proudly holding your faction's flag high, intent on expanding the power and glory of your realm. Will you become legend, or a lost casualty on a forgotten world? Only you will determine your fate!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion

NeikeDjour

Lori

That's actually pretty cool.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on September 25, 2019, 10:08:46 AM
That's actually pretty cool.
Yeah, I thought so too! I'm kinda getting tired of having to paint minis, so I think this is a great alternative.

Locusta

Sheol is a cooperative game, playable solo or up to 4 people, with an emphasis on storytelling and strategy. Sheol is set in a coherent universe where game mechanics and setting are deeply interconnected. It is organized in campaigns, in turn, subdivided into missions. In each mission, players will have to coordinate their efforts tactically to complete the objectives and defend the central game area (the Citadel) from the enemy invasion. The story will progress, mission after mission, allowing characters to discover the secrets of the Sheol's world and unlock more items and skills.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lunaroakstudio/sheol-board-game/description

https://www.sheolboardgame.com/

Please consider backing this beautiful game!

Thanks,
Loc