Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteWhat does brewing and building one's own Beer Empire mean? To some it is just business, a way to earn money and increase the value of their company. It's a liquid which lets you achieve your business goals and turn ideas into money. To others it is passion, commitment, discovering new flavors, aromas and colors. It is some kind of alchemy that gives you the opportunity to stimulate the reserves of creativity and independence hidden deep inside of you...

But is there a truly right way to build your own Beer Empire? No... And you are not going to find it in this game either... Building the best Beer Empire requires focusing on several game elements at the same time and choosing the right strategy to achieve the goals you have set. Finally, the biggest Beer Empire will only be created when you combine the passion for brewing and the love for beer with business calculation, commitment to winning the most important markets, and a wise choice of the most suitable strategy.

There is nothing to wait for then! Take your aprons, agitator rods, bags of malt, baskets full of hop... It's time to open your own brewery and develop some unique recipes. It's time to build your own Beer Empire!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Bix Conners

ha ha ha
...must...
...resist.

:beer :guinness
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

Bix Conners

Here is a real interesting Kickstarter development. I just found out that one of my favourite bands are boardgame enthusiasts...
...check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/illimat/videos/1123643371055239/
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

QuoteTiny Epic Quest is the classic story of a fairy tale world overrun by evil and in need of heroes... that's where you come in! Tiny Epic Quest is a competitive game, where each player controls a band of three heroes and will travel a vast world fighting goblins, learning spells, completing quests and acquiring powerful magic items! The world is made up of 17 map cards, each offering two locations, a left side, and a right side, for a total of 34 locations. The layout of the world and the locations of the player castles are the same each game, however the locations of the temples, spells and goblins are unique each game.

Travel is handled by a limited-action-selection system offering five distinct forms of grid-movement of which only four will be used each round, during the day phase. During the day phase, players are also competing to complete puzzles as shown on three public quest cards. The first player to complete the puzzle by positioning their heroes accordingly collect the quest card and its benefits.

In the night phase, players will roll adventure dice in a communal press-your-luck fashion to try to accomplish the tasks at the locations they ended at during the day phase. This could be fighting a goblin, learning a spell, or delving into a temple. But be careful, if you take too much damage you may exhaust and lose all that round's progress and more!

Players keep track of their heroes' collective health, power and progress on personal adventure logs.And when you acquire powerful items, you equip them right to your ITEMeeples™! Players keep track of their spell progress, and the rounds magic level on a community magic mat. As the round's magic increases, goblins become more threatening and even your own power turns from good to bad!

After five rounds, the game is over. While you may not have single handedly saved the world, did you accomplish more than the other players? Whoever has the most points in the end from goblins killed, spells learned, quests accomplished, and legendary items acquired, wins the game!

Lori

I see three of us are already in for Tiny Epic Quest.

NeikeDjour

Quote5-Minute Dungeon is a co-operative card game that plays in 5 minutes! For 2-5 players.

Cooperative. You're all in it together—either your party defeats the dungeon and moves onto the next one, or you all perish! This makes 5-Minute Dungeon an easy game for new players to join, even if they are not hardcore gamers.
Fast Paced. There are no turns. Everybody races against the clock to slap down symbols that match the current card. With only 5 Minutes to defeat each dungeon, there's no time to waste!
Flexible. Your team can be anywhere from 2 to 5 players, and it's easy to change the number of players between dungeons if you have new players arriving at your game night. And since each dungeon takes only 5 minutes, you can play a few rounds and then pick it up again when you have time to continue the quest.
With 10 heroes to choose from you can assemble your team differently for each game session, and even swap heroes between dungeons! Each hero has unique abilities to help the team.

You'll draw a hand of cards, some of which will be resource cards and action cards. You'll need these in a minute.
Flip over the top card of the dungeon and start the timer! You now have 5 minutes to defeat every card in the dungeon, and the dungeon boss!
Door cards come in three varieties: Monster, Obstacle, and Person. Most of the time you can defeat a Door Card by matching the symbols on the card. Sometimes, though, you'll want to use an action card, like Fireball, which can instantly defeat a Monster.
There are no turns, and anyone can play the cards needed to defeat the Dungeon Card. But be careful, any card played is gone forever, so play smart! 
After you've dealt with all the door cards, it's time to take on the big boss himself—the Baby Barbarian! Bosses take a lot more resources to defeat than any door card.
Not surprisingly, there are five dungeon bosses. Once you take down the baby, there are still four more bosses to tackle.

Cordawg

I don't know if people know about this  but theirs a new railways of the world standalone  game  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/railways-of-nippon-the-next-train-stop-on-the-rotw?ref=nav_search
its set in japan and its a 4 player game I backed it  I just thought I would let people know about this

NeikeDjour

QuoteDinosaur Island is a hot new game from designers Jon Gilmour (Dead of Winter, Wasteland Express Delivery Service) and Brian Lewis (Titans of Industry) from Pandasaurus Games (Machi Koro, Yedo, Wasteland Express Delivery Service) with amazing, technicolor, ridiculously 90s artwork from Kwanchai Moriya and Peter Wocken.

1-4 Players; 60-150 minutes (scalable length regardless of player count), ages 10+

In Dinosaur Island, players will have to collect DNA, research the DNA sequences of extinct dinosaur species and then combine the ancient DNA in the correct sequence to bring these prehistoric creatures back to life.  Dino cooking!  All players will compete to build the most thrilling park each season, and then work to attract (and keep alive!) the most guests each season that the park opens. 

Do you go big and create a pack of Velociraptors?  They'll definitely excite potential guests...  but you better make a large enough enclosure for them.  And maybe hire some (read: a lot of) security.  Or they WILL break out and start eating your guests—and we all know how that ends.  You could play it safe and grow a bunch of herbivores...  but then you aren't going to have the most exciting park in the world (sad face).  So maybe buy a roller coaster or two to try and attract guests to your park the good old fashioned way?

When we first played Dinosaur Island we knew we had something extremely special on our hands.  We had an accessible worker placement game that mixed some of our favorite gameplay elements rolled up in a theme that is ridiculously fun and perfectly integrated with mechanics.  I love games that have simple mechanics that lead to incredibly tense decisions. Like a dice pool as a resource (DNA), set-collection, turn-efficiency, a clever auction mechanic, and extremely tense decisions about where to spend your time and energy?  Yes, please!  You can also focus on upgrading your laboratory to make dinosaur creation more efficient.  But if you do, it means you're spending less time on opening new rides.  And the constant pressure to keep your guests safe while still turning a profit every season creates interesting decision making on players. It's a nail biter, for sure.

Dinosaur Island is a unique worker placement game with a combination of fascinating mechanics that is unlike anything you have ever seen.

SCALABLE GAME LENGTH: One of our favorite aspects of the game is the scalable length mechanism that can change the length of the game from sixty minutes to two and a half hours.  Regardless of player count!  If you're looking for a shorter game at the end of the night or the main course of a game-night, Dinosaur Island has you taken care of. 

We also have a unique mechanic we call the "Plot-Twist".  At the beginning of every game two Plot-Twist cards will be dealt out that will break the rules of the game in myriad ways.  These rule-changes will drastically alter your strategy and decision making throughout the game.  No memorizing the optimal strategy here.  Dinosaur Island will keep even the most experienced gamer on their toes each time.  In addition to the Plot Twists, the goal cards in each game will be unique, creating a totally different feel to each and every game of Dinosaur Island you play.  Familiar mechanics and new strategy welcome you each time you sit at the table.

NeikeDjour

I'm going to wait until the previews are up on the page but basically... Jurassic Park the euro worker-placement board game. I'm pretty much sold.