Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reynard

I've backed Cavern Tavern
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

JohnnyDavids13

I just saw this really cool card game on Kickstarter. It's called Town of Salem - The Card Game

it is made by an indie company(always love supporting small teams :D) and they have an online game that they are adapting into a card game version. It is a new take on the party games Werewolf and Mafia that is themed in the Salem Witch Trials. It is really awesome looking actually and I have played the online game as well. Just wanted to share something awesome I stumbled upon :)

Here is a link to their Kickstarter if you want to check it out: kck.st/26rtcSL

RockBane

Mythos

Mythos is based in 1920's Providence, Rhode Island, USA. Humanity is pitched against unspeakable terrors. Countless degenerates have turned their backs on their kin to serve dark Gods and joined insane cults that seek blood just for bloods sake.

Multiple allegiances exist, each of them with different agendas whether for Humanity, or for their own nefarious goals.

Drawing upon Mythos has had many names such as magic, arcania, shamanism and down through the ages knowledge has been learnt, lost and rediscovered.

Accessing Mythos opens doors that were once sealed, and can awaken horrors that have been slumbering or unaware of humanity's presence.

Players will be able to choose from a variety of factions, all of whom have a special place in the game we are creating.

Each faction will give players the chance to explore the many different facetes that we are introducing into the game, continuing the horror and terror that H.P. Lovecraft set in motion those many years ago.
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

NeikeDjour

QuoteAnachrony is a competitive, epic Euro-style strategy game with worker placement at its core, set in a grim future where Earth has been rebuilt along four different ideological Paths. The game is played through a series of Eras, with a time travelling twist - players can use Time Rifts to reach back to earlier Eras as the game progresses.

Players assume the roles of iconic leaders of the four ideological Paths, striving for the supremacy and prosperity of their people, and do everything they can to prepare for a game-changing event: after the fourth Era, an asteroid impact shakes Earth, threatening to destroy the World Capital, New Earth's last independent city. When the time comes, the Paths can take their part in evacuating the collapsing Capital. In the end, one of the Paths will be the new home to the reformed World Council, and lead humanity to a brighter future.

Innovative worker placement with Exosuits
While your Workers can operate safely within your Path's perimeter, venturing out to a desolate, post-apocalyptic Earth is a dangerous undertaking. In Anachrony, you can use four different types of Workers, and certain Actions can only be used if they are protected by powered-up Exosuits. Workers and Exosuits are managed as separate systems, and both are required for success.

Resource Management through Time
Anachrony's smart time traveling mechanism allows players to request resources from their very own future at the beginning of each Era. These resources can greatly boost their progress, but as time passes, they will have to complete the loop by sending that resource back to their own past - the earlier turn. Failing to do so is a dangerous endeavor that may result in temporal Anomalies tearing up the present!

Prepare for a game-altering Impact!
In Anachrony, you are striving not only for your Path's supremacy, but also to overcome an impending cataclysm. An asteroid is heading towards Earth, and its impact will be a game-altering turning point, changing available actions, opening up new ones, and initiating the countdown to the endgame. With careful planning, however, players can take advantage of the Impact's effects - or even mitigate them completely!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

Quote from: Matt Robertson on May 31, 2016, 01:09:12 PM
The much awaited expansion for XIA is up:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1438045410/xia-embers-of-a-forsaken-star

By the way, I finally broke my Kickstarter abstinence with this project. Must have. :)
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

Hahaha, you put up a good fight.  ;)

Tempest

Just curious, what do people who back multiple projects use to keep track of what they've backed and projected ship dates, etc. if anything at all? Do you just make spreadsheets? Is there an app for that? ...kickstarter does that for you a bit, I guess, but I'm sure there's a better way.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bricktown

Quote from: Tempest on June 06, 2016, 12:25:57 AM
Just curious, what do people who back multiple projects use to keep track of what they've backed and projected ship dates, etc. if anything at all? Do you just make spreadsheets? Is there an app for that? ...kickstarter does that for you a bit, I guess, but I'm sure there's a better way.

I tend to back a lot of KS projects, I just use the My Stuff -> Backed Projects   I'd like to think there is a better way but projects are almost always overdue.  But at the very least, you can check it off when you get it in that list, as well as, it will display the original estimated delivery date.  I tend to just forget about the projects after they are fully pledged.. read the updates and comment as you like, but it won't rush them to your door step.  If you want them sooner, you would have to start looking at trips to GenCon (pick-up can knock off a couple months in some cases) to get your advanced copy but I don't think the cost of a trip would be worth it to just pick up the game.
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

NeikeDjour

I just used a notepad for years, then I switched to Google Keep so I can access it anywhere. It acts like a to-do list, so I can drag the list items around, so when a delivery date changes, I just drag it to that months area. I don't use the KS backer area at all because the dates are almost always off. As I get notification emails, I just shift my list around. Then each month, I can see what I'm expecting that month, and check that KS's updates to see if it's delayed more or on the way. Then when I get it I just hit the check box and it goes into a 'completed' area.

It's a bit archaic, literally just looks like this:

But it works for what I need it for.

I then have another list that I use to keep track of what I bought, when I bought it, for how much, and later when I get it, how early/delayed it was. ...I like data... >.>