Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 13, 2016, 11:36:26 AM
Quote from: Lori on January 13, 2016, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 13, 2016, 11:27:30 AM
And just as we were talking about Kickstarter having been dead for the last few months, a bunch of awesome looking projects pop up...  :lol

Exactly what I was thinking.  There's the expansion for King's Forge too, but I never did the original.
I saw that. I'm seriously contemplating it. I have the original game and like it a lot. I got the second expansion through kickstarter as well, Apprentices, but haven't got it in yet. I find it odd that they are starting another campaign before people have received the products from their last one.

Yeah, I've been reading all the anger about rewards not yet received with this new Kickstarter launched.  It's Game Salute so that speaks for a fair bit of it.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on January 13, 2016, 11:42:15 AM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 13, 2016, 11:36:26 AM
Quote from: Lori on January 13, 2016, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 13, 2016, 11:27:30 AM
And just as we were talking about Kickstarter having been dead for the last few months, a bunch of awesome looking projects pop up...  :lol

Exactly what I was thinking.  There's the expansion for King's Forge too, but I never did the original.
I saw that. I'm seriously contemplating it. I have the original game and like it a lot. I got the second expansion through kickstarter as well, Apprentices, but haven't got it in yet. I find it odd that they are starting another campaign before people have received the products from their last one.

Yeah, I've been reading all the anger about rewards not yet received with this new Kickstarter launched.  It's Game Salute so that speaks for a fair bit of it.
Yeah, it's cause Game Salute. That said, Apprentices is only 2 months overdue at this point, and like I said in a previous post, that's still a pass for me. I always add on 2 months to the estimated date. The comments section shows people are getting them, so maybe I'll get my expansion and be able to play it before Glassworks expansion finishes on KS. If you're interested I can bring it out to CC. I didn't have any problems with their first KS and getting all of the pieces of my game, they are just notorious for their games going out late. And bad communication for updates.  :-\

I feel like KS rage is just a thing now, between newbies that expect their games on the estimated date and veterans that expect every campaign to run like the best campaign they've been in. That much work up is just too much effort for me.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Cordawg

NeikeDjour

I might be as well. I have to think on that one though. At least that bulk buy is only 4. Saves $5 each.

Lori

Manhattan Project Chain Reactions (bulk buy at 4 copies):

Cory
Lori - thinking on it
Nicole - thinking on it

NeikeDjour

I don't think I'm in for Manhattan Project, but I'm still good for Tiny Epic Western

NeikeDjour

QuoteKarmaka is a tactical card game set in a karmic universe. Players begin the game as lowly Dung Beetles. In life after life (hand after hand of cards) they climb their way up the Karmic Ladder, racing to see who will achieve Transcendence first.

During each of your lives you'll be working towards 3 ends:

Score enough points to climb the Ladder and keep up with your rivals.
Stash a good selection of cards to your "Future Life". This will become your opening hand next life.
Play cards for their abilities to help yourself or to hinder others. But what goes around comes around. A key tension in Karmaka is that after playing a card for its ability, a rival may take the card into their Future Life. Your actions may come back to haunt you in the next life...

We love card games like Dominion / Ascension, Lost Cities, Smash Up, Magic, Netrunner... but felt there was a sweet spot in the space we wanted to play. Here's how Karmaka fits in.

Karmic Balance: A key mechanic is, whenever you play a card for its ability, your rival(s) get a chance to take the card into their Future Life. What goes around comes around!
Drafting a Future Life: A unique aspect of Karmaka is how it feels like card-drafting in parallel with play. Your opening hand and deck may be random, but you explicitly choose which cards go into your Future Life. Cards do not automatically cycle, unlike in deck-building games.
Hand Management: Karmaka is filled with interesting choices. There's the tension in how to group your card colors, as well as how to play each card – for points or for its ability. You'll want to consider card synergies and which cards you want this life versus the next. And you'll need to consider what's going into your rivals' Futures!
Highly Replayable: Karmaka is a very dynamic game that urges you to "think on your feet." We still find ourselves enjoying and improving at the game after hundreds of plays.
Focused: Karmaka's set of 64 cards is intended to be a complete, deep play experience, with an interesting meta in and of itself. So it's quick to pick up, and there's no need to constantly add more cards to the mix to keep things interesting. We *may* create an expansion down the line if there's demand, but we don't feel there's need.
Simple, quick setup: Just shuffle the deck, deal, and play. Unlike many deep card games, there's no need to separate/gather cards, lay piles, make decks, etc.
Player Interaction: Karmaka is a race (e.g. Dominion, Lost Cities) that also has elements of confrontation (e.g. Magic); it's somewhat of a hybrid in this respect. The amount of aggression that emerges in a game is really up to players – we've seen games ranging from peaceful to highly aggressive, dependent on player style. Just keep in mind that your actions can come back to haunt you in the next life, and aggression is often not your best play. Many cards in the game can cause you more harm than good if played unwisely. Timing is everything.

NeikeDjour

QuoteEast meets West in Club Zen, a relaxing worker placement game where the goal is to plan out your seven-day working vacation in the most Zen way possible. Manage your work and emotional stress, make new friends, attend exciting events such as Hang-Gliding or Rock Climbing, collect stones for your personal Zen Garden, or take a nap! How will you spend your time at the 5-star resort, Club Zen? The most relaxed or "zen" player at the end of their one week stay will be the winner.

Unlike traditional resource management and worker placement games, Club Zen encourages players to visit the same locations together, many times for an increased benefit for all players involved. Because of this, the game encourages a measure of cooperation and meaningful positive interaction, while still having only one winner. The game is a sandbox of strongly thematic and relaxing environments to explore, with each element tuned to be both strategic and evoke a real sense of immersion.

Club Zen is for 3 to 5 players and takes about 90 minutes to play, featuring art by Adam Rebottaro. We can get that down to 2 players if we fund high enough; check out the stretch goals below!

Inside the box you'll find a high-quality resort game board, 35 Emotional Stress cards, 10 Work Stress cards, 35 Friend cards, 30 Event cards, 5 thick punchboard player "Hotel Room" boards, punchboard player score track, 5 player aid cards, 15 player placement tokens (1 each of morning, noon, and night for up to 5 players), 50 wooden Work Stress cubes, 50 wooden Emotional Stress cubes, and several punchboard Zen Rock, Karma, and Money tokens. Club Zen will come in the Dice Hate Me Games "Dragon"-sized box - our biggest box and the first of its kind! What's this crazy talk? Take a look here for more information on our box sizes and game categories!

QuoteDon't Get Eated is a social game of survival of the fittest. Players take on the roles of totally cute animals that are tired of the boring life on the farm and want to escape into the world. The only problem is, the world is a dangerous place! In the game, players will work together and against each other to survive in the wilds. Failure to meet the challenge presented each round results in a vicious attack, until only one animal remains standing.

In Don't Get Eated, each round will call for players to simultaneously play a numerical card from their hand attempting to survive a certain precarious threat - for example, play over a certain number, play under a certain number, and so on. Every player that plays the same numbered card forms a squad for that round, and their played value is increased by the number of animals on the squad. Any player or squad that does not meet the challenge takes a bite, and they are closer to losing the game. Players may be knocked out (or eated) by taking two bites.

Eated animals are never completely out of the game, though; they become part of Teh Eated who are tired and beaten and really just want to go back to the farm. Teh Eated exist for only one purpose: To moan and whine and annoy the living and make them Eated as well!

Don't Get Eated is for 5 to 9 players and takes about 30 minutes to play, featuring art by Kwanchai Moriya. Inside the box you'll find 99 Animal cards (9 different animals, 11 cards each), 12 Threat cards, a punchboard Wheel of Doom with plastic spinner, and punchboard Point and Bite tokens. Don't Get Eated will come in the Dice Hate Me Games "Monkey"-sized box - the same size as Bottom of the 9th and The Great Heartland Hauling Co. What's this crazy talk? Take a look here for more information on our box sizes and game categories!

NeikeDjour

Lori - Are there enough claimed copies of Tiny Epic Western claimed for a bulk buy, or should I look into getting my copy myself?

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 29, 2016, 09:23:37 AM
Lori - Are there enough claimed copies of Tiny Epic Western claimed for a bulk buy, or should I look into getting my copy myself?

I haven't had anyone else express interest.  Four people claimed 5 copies but that still leaves us 5 short.  Is it another week on this one?